Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dodge challenger just started having a strange issue today. I came home to my trunk popped, and I thought maybe my kid had popped the trunk with the key fob before we left. I just shut the trunk, and I cranked the car to make sure it wasn't dead. It was fine. So, I get out, and I shut my door. The trunk pops. I shut it again, and I lock my car. The trunk pops. I shut it again, and I unlock and lock the door. Trunk pops. Shut it, lock it. Everything's fine, I go to walk away and go inside. Everything is fine. I get to my front door, and I hear my trunk pop. I've finally got everything shut and locked. Everything seems to be normal, it hasn't popped again. What could be happened? What could be a solution. I've already spent 2k repairing this car- oxygen sensors, catalytic converters, etc.... nowwww this.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,713 Posts
Spare key in the trunk?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spare key in the trunk?
Don't have a spare key.

The only problems I have had with the trunk is the emergency release handle gets caught on the trim. Maybe yours is right at the limit.
Maybe. My trunk is pretty empty, but my emergency release looked like it might have got caught. I fixed it before I finally went inside for the night, and unless it popped again overnight, I haven't had the issue again.

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
My dodge challenger just started having a strange issue today. I came home to my trunk popped, and I thought maybe my kid had popped the trunk with the key fob before we left. I just shut the trunk, and I cranked the car to make sure it wasn't dead. It was fine. So, I get out, and I shut my door. The trunk pops. I shut it again, and I lock my car. The trunk pops. I shut it again, and I unlock and lock the door. Trunk pops. Shut it, lock it. Everything's fine, I go to walk away and go inside. Everything is fine. I get to my front door, and I hear my trunk pop. I've finally got everything shut and locked. Everything seems to be normal, it hasn't popped again. What could be happened? What could be a solution. I've already spent 2k repairing this car- oxygen sensors, catalytic converters, etc.... nowwww this.
Hi pulse93,
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,713 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts