1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
678 Posts
Agreed not a chance. That is why I will Procharge my 392 and make other upgrades, save money and outrun it.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Too rich for my meager budget.

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Premium Member
453 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
That's not a Z28. You're missing 0.8 liters of displacement, among other things
Yeah i know. Smaller motor, but more HP than the Z28. Either way thats allot of money

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Yeah i know. Smaller motor, but more HP than the Z28. Either way thats allot of money
And another ridiculous price... $68k for that??? And look, it only gets 18mpg on the hwy.:pillepalle:

·
Super Moderator
15,075 Posts
...just wait and see what the 6.2 SC SRT8 Challenger prices out to be...

My guess is it will be between what a Jeep GC SRT8 and this '14 Z28 starts at.

For the $$$ of the Camaro, there's a lot of other vehicles I'd have any day over that. And they wouldn't have the shortcomings I find the Camaro has, regardless of what trim level its offered in.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
While I don't like anything Chevy as a rule, and definitely am not a camaro fan, I think some here are missing the point with this car. It is a lights weight car designed for the track, not for overall hp. It has carbon brakes lightweight wheels etc, you don't want more than 500hp on a car like this for a road course. I really hope SRT does something along these lines, even if not using the Hellcat, use the 392 but make it a bit lighter,meet up suspension further, and add things like the carbon brakes coolers etc and that would make a really nice track car.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
The Z28

WTF is Chevy doing??? It has less HP than the ZL1...I thought it would be between the SS and ZL1, like the Mustang Boss 302.
Would EAT a ZL1 on a curvy track. The ZL1 would be spinning its tires half the time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
While I don't like anything Chevy as a rule, and definitely am not a camaro fan, I think some here are missing the point with this car. It is a lights weight car designed for the track, not for overall hp. It has carbon brakes lightweight wheels etc, you don't want more than 500hp on a car like this for a road course. I really hope SRT does something along these lines, even if not using the Hellcat, use the 392 but make it a bit lighter,meet up suspension further, and add things like the carbon brakes coolers etc and that would make a really nice track car.
THANK YOU. I've just been reading people's posts shaking my head.

For those of you who question 75k for this car:
"With a recorded time of 7 minutes, 37.47 seconds, the Z28 completes the [Nurburgring] lap four seconds faster than the ZL1 Camaro, not to mention the stock 911, the Audi R8 and the Lamborghini Murcielago. With 505 hp moving a car that's 300 lbs. lighter than the typical Camaro — and can generate 1.05 g of cornering force — the handling prowess of the Z/28 shouldn't be that much of a surprise"

You can beat a 911 and save yourself $40,000.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
300lbs less than the typical Camaro? Thought it still weighed 3800+? Isn't that where the SS sits too? No doubt it's a beast on the track, but it doesn't seem to have cut much weight off unless your comparing it to the ZL1 (which I wouldn't consider a typical Camaro).

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And another ridiculous price... $68k for that??? And look, it only gets 18mpg on the hwy.:pillepalle:
You are paying for a convertible as well....

1 - 20 of 121 Posts