Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a ways out of buying my dream car, but I'm trying to work some things out. I did a windshield (my profession) on a 2012 SRT8 and was surprised to see how nice the interior was and after looking around I can save done money getting the older car.

Should I keep focused on the Scct Pack out would I be just as happy with the SRT8. If I do the scat I'll do an auto, if I do the SRT8 I'd do the 6 speed

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
If the price point is similar, the '15+ models are much nicer and more refined. The only thing I may like better about the first gen Challengers is the grille...and even that I'm not convinced. I don't miss my 2012 6 speed hardly at all...it was fun shifting at times, but I'd still choose the A8 if I was buying a new one today.

·
Registered
515 Posts
going from 13 to 17 it felt like a big upgrade, part of that was my 13 was a base R/T and new one a plus, but I was surprised at the jump in feel and tech.

The only things I can think I liked better on the previous were the bigger cell phone holder, and the interior door panels (hate the protruding bottle holder). Even little things like access to the center console are much better.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I like the steering wheel and shifter better on the pre-15s.

Just sayin. :stickpoke:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It all comes down to how much to spend. I get the new interior is sweet as well as the tech upgrade, but all comes at a cost.
Just weighing my decision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts