Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have not seen this yet but found some info on switching out the head unit to an aftermarket unit. I have the sxt with the small 4inch screen(basic) and looked into the 8.4 uconnect but didn't want to spend 1000-1400.00
What I have found so far is Maestro makes the wiring harness for the challengers to switch out your radio. The climate controls will work and whatever else is running through your radio. the website is idatalink.com in the upper middle click on a small link highlighted in green called idatalink Maestro they are a distributor to dealers so search on that site somewhere for the closest dealer to buy.
Next thing is you can buy the wiring harness but a company called Metra(who has made install kits for awhile now) is currently working on a install kit for the challenger for aftermarket install for head units. This is the hardware to mount your radio. Max speed and sound(in North Kansas City, Mo) found all this out for me, figured I would post and share. They told me to keep checking every couple weeks to see if Metra had it ready yet so hopefully not much longer, hope this helps.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts