Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
It has the ability to add one from Mopar. The hood scoop as is, is passive. They say there is no added performance, I did it to make the hood scoop functional. Was not crazy about a hole that went to nowhere. ?

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
It has the ability to add one from Mopar. The hood scoop as is, is passive. They say there is no added performance, I did it to make the hood scoop functional. Was not crazy about a hole that went to nowhere. ?
What does this added component cost? What is involved with installation?
Thanks,

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's not cheap, well made but still only plastic. $640 ish. But it is a Mopar part that fits well. . Steve White , a vendor on here has them. Comes with nice integrated filter, Helcat style lower air box, head light tube and hood intake with bezel. It's not to hard to put on, took me about 30 mins. Some have kept the hood liner, I did not. I never liked the rug look. The bezel you need to be careful with. Potential to scratch the hood.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No. The filter is actually "mated" to the lower box. They are two separate pieces, the air filter is incorporated into the top half of the air box. The hood parts then sits over it when the hood is closed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes I realize that. Does he just sell the hood intake with bezel? Thanks!
I would doubt it. You could ask, they may have a damaged kit with one. It would not fit anyway, the air box sits lower then the regular MOPAR CAI in order for the under hood piping to clear when the hood is shut. Shoot Luke a pm.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts