Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Octane Red SXT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my 69 GTX 20 years ago and finally I'm back in the family with a 2020 SXT in High Octane Red Pearl.

I dabble in 3D printing and I'm working on several projects for the car. This first installment is an easy to print headlight tube with 3 grill options. If you don't have a 3D printer then it may be time to get one. You can easily print these on one of those cheap $200 Creality printers so for double the price of the metal tubes you can buy a new tool/toy and make your own.

If you have questions on 3D printing Ill do my best to help. And if you have ideas for projects shoot me a DM.

So for now these should fit all your Challenger models without the headlight light tubes. If someone can send me specs for those Ill make them available.

You can find the STL model files on Thingverse, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4824934 and on Prusaprinters, PrusaPrinters

And yeah I know it's a little crooked.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
4,513 Posts
I swear I have seen this before on this site. But I can't find it. I like the look of the grill matching pattern.

·
Registered
2020 Octane Red SXT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I also did a honeycomb grill and an SRT grill.
I'll probably do the grills that pop in from the back of the light next.
  • Future projects include a fire extinguisher mount that uses the existing holes in the trunk.
  • A better phone mount, maybe something like the Proclip.
  • Some of the dumb splitter protectors for the SXT. I know, I know it's a divided crowd but I like them.
  • And a cold air cross over tube from the passenger side to the driver's side. Not much room but I'm curious to see if it can be done.
And can someone tell me why there are 2 Challenger forums from the same company? This one and Challengerforumz Are you guys all on both or what?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,579 Posts
I swear I have seen this before on this site. But I can't find it. I like the look of the grill matching pattern.
Merrick makes similar looking ones

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
4,513 Posts
Merrick makes similar looking ones

A Guy
Maybe but in my mind it was someone else that 3D printed theirs. But danged it, if I can't find it.

·
Registered
2121 Challenger Scat Pack
20 Posts
Bro, you are a real hero. I am currently printing carbon fiber versions right meow, now to just wait for my car to freaking get here haha. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2020 Octane Red SXT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bro, you are a real hero. I am currently printing carbon fiber versions right meow, now to just wait for my car to freaking get here haha. Thanks for sharing.
You're very welcome. Please post pics when you get them installed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bless you, Hellmonkey!)))
Appreciate your work!
Keep these projects going!
Too late for me as I’ve already bought the rings from Merrick, but I’ll print out the fire extinguisher holder and other stuff.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,355 Posts
Genpartsco has been producing these since 2015, in fact pretty sure they invented them, since merick and others came along years later.
Op, have you checked for patent infringement?
I am aware they successfully went after at least one knock off company, and won a lot of $$.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop
130 Posts
I sold my 69 GTX 20 years ago and finally I'm back in the family with a 2020 SXT in High Octane Red Pearl.

I dabble in 3D printing and I'm working on several projects for the car. This first installment is an easy to print headlight tube with 3 grill options. If you don't have a 3D printer then it may be time to get one. You can easily print these on one of those cheap $200 Creality printers so for double the price of the metal tubes you can buy a new tool/toy and make your own.

If you have questions on 3D printing Ill do my best to help. And if you have ideas for projects shoot me a DM.

So for now these should fit all your Challenger models without the headlight light tubes. If someone can send me specs for those Ill make them available.

You can find the STL model files on Thingverse, 2015-2021 DODGE CHALLENGER COLD AIR HEADLIGHT INTAKE RING TUBE WITH GRILLS by MegardStudio and on Prusaprinters, PrusaPrinters

And yeah I know it's a little crooked.

View attachment 1019555
My pops is printing them now, thank you!!

·
Registered
2020 Octane Red SXT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Genpartsco has been producing these since 2015, in fact pretty sure they invented them, since merick and others came along years later.
Op, have you checked for patent infringement?
I am aware they successfully went after at least one knock off company, and won a lot of $$.
My own design and sharing for free. I would think it would be a huge waste of money and time to press charges especially since I have all the source files. I patent judge wouldn't even take the case.

My pops is printing them now, thank you!!
You're very welcome.

Just added a Tazer mount for the trunk. Here on the forum

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop
130 Posts
My dad custom printed for my Air Force heritage, thanks again for the files!
20210509_205705.jpg
20210509_205607.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts