Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 sxt started showing traction control and abs warning lights. Convenient enough I received a recall notice for the cruise control system so I had the dealer pull the codes for the warning lights while getting the cruise control issue squared away. Dealer let me know the left front wheel speed sensor was causing an error code. I scored an aftermarket wheel speed sensor from rock auto ( I think it was a DPG or something like that ) for about 17 bucks. Once I had the front wheel off it only took about 15 minutes to switch out the sensor. Problem is the warning light stayed on. I kept driving her just around town for about 2 weeks, then the red BRAKE warning light came on. My dad let me use his code reader and it showed incorrect component for both left and right front wheel speed sensors. I just got burned on the after market part so I went to back to the dealer and ponied up for 2 new front wheel speed sensors. I wasn't really happy about paying 75 US dollars a piece for the OEM part when they are all over the place on line for less than 50. But what I am happy about is that about 2 hours after getting her back in the garage all 3 warning lights are turned off. I never noticed any change in the braking characteristics of my vehicle, but I wouldn't drive her if I was taking my kids anywhere.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts