Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where the evaporative purge valve is located on a 2015+ 6.4 engine? I attached a pic from the 2015 service manual that shows where it’s supposedly located but I don’t see it. Anyone have an idea?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Its near the passenger side strut tower, toward the firewall. It may be somewhat under the cowl trim, but its there.

Its mounted on a metal tab that's spot welded to the strut tower and will have the vacuum lines and the electrical connector for the valve.

You have wire harnesses running from the rear corner of the engine around that area as well.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its near the passenger side strut tower, toward the firewall. It may be somewhat under the cowl trim, but its there.

It's mounted on a metal tab that's spot welded to the strut tower and will have the vacuum lines and the electrical connector for the valve.

You have wire harnesses running from the rear corner of the engine around that area as well.
Ok, went back and looked and I can only see it from under the car. From the top it’s behind wiring going to the PCM and a couple other things that aren’t easily moved out of the way.

I’m just going to have to take it somewhere and have them switch this damn thing out for me.

I appreciate your help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, went back and looked and I can only see it from under the car. From the top it’s behind wiring going to the PCM and a couple other things that aren’t easily moved out of the way.

I’m just going to have to take it somewhere and have them switch this damn thing out for me.

I appreciate your help!
I don't suppose you ever got resolution on this? I'd like to know what I'm in for as far as time & cost, now that I see this is a job best left to the dealer. I managed to find mine (its tab is bolted to the engine block, not the strut tower btw), and there is so little access from above or below, that I think shifting the block off its mounts is the only option. Absolutely ridiculous, considering these cheesy EVAP parts fail more frequently than the battery.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't suppose you ever got resolution on this? I'd like to know what I'm in for as far as time & cost, now that I see this is a job best left to the dealer. I managed to find mine (its tab is bolted to the engine block, not the strut tower btw), and there is so little access from above or below, that I think shifting the block off its mounts is the only option. Absolutely ridiculous, considering these cheesy EVAP parts fail more frequently than the battery.
I did figure it out. What I did was disconnect all the spark plugs wires on that side and disconnect any other wire clips so I could move the wiring enough to get my hand under them and lift up the EVAP valve. Getting it off the tab even with the extra room was a pain in the ass but not the end of the world.

I replaced the valve and didn't put it back on the tab. I put all the wires and clips and whatnot back and left the EVAP valve kind of just sitting on top of all that wiring in case I ever have to replace it again. It's been running perfect for over a year now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts