Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my 2015 is getting a bit up there in age, and the dealer wants big bucks to flush everything out, so with tons of time on my hands (on a 2 week vacation now) gonna do it myself, even if I do it at a snails pace, the next time around will be a piece of cake and I will learn something new! Gonna use youtube videos as tutorials.....

I was searching all over to see what top quality oils and tranny fluids are out there, as well as coolant, brake fluid, and filters, I would like something other than what the dealer has been putting in, probably some generic stuff.

I found this, which is cool because it has my vehicle info, even the engine code with products all on one page.
www.searchforparts.com/oil-change/dodge-2015-challenger-6.4l-j
and also found this
royalpurpledirect.com/royal-purple-0w-40-high-performance-synthetic-motor-oil/
which seems rock solid.

or maybe you can suggest something else that you use for top performance? Also, any opinions on the Wix filter that fits my vehicle on one of the pages above?

Thank you for your time.
Sgt. Pepper

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,204 Posts
Hi, my 2015 is getting a bit up there in age, and the dealer wants big bucks to flush everything out, so with tons of time on my hands (on a 2 week vacation now) gonna do it myself, even if I do it at a snails pace, the next time around will be a piece of cake and I will learn something new! Gonna use youtube videos as tutorials.....

I was searching all over to see what top quality oils and tranny fluids are out there, as well as coolant, brake fluid, and filters, I would like something other than what the dealer has been putting in, probably some generic stuff.

I found this, which is cool because it has my vehicle info, even the engine code with products all on one page.
www.searchforparts.com/oil-change/dodge-2015-challenger-6.4l-j
and also found this
royalpurpledirect.com/royal-purple-0w-40-high-performance-synthetic-motor-oil/
which seems rock solid.

or maybe you can suggest something else that you use for top performance? Also, any opinions on the Wix filter that fits my vehicle on one of the pages above?

Thank you for your time.
Sgt. Pepper
Unless you have had any problems with anything related to lubrication or vital fluids what the dealer has been using has been working just fine. Why mess with success? And why use some "generic" stuff which suggests it is aimed at every car and not ideal for any car.

Unless the factory calls for any "flushes" my advice is just change the various fluids and replace with factory fluids. Coolant. Brake fluid. Transmission/diff. Engine oil.

But staying with factory fluids you do not have to worry about any fluid incompatibilities with "generic" stuff.

Why use your car to see if "generic" stuff works as well as what has been working for going on 5 years?

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
the part you left out are the miles?

The coolant is a 10 year / 150000mi life - so you haven't reached the time limit.

Oils for the 392 that meet MS-12633 spec are either Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W40 or Valvoline SynPower 0W40

the differential calls for 75W85 GL-5 gear oil w/ friction modifier (Limited Slip diff) - 48k intervals

Brake fluid is Dot3 or Dot4 as alternative

If you have the A8 there's a specific 8speed / 9speed transmission fluid - its not cheap at ~ $29 quart and not a DIY for someone that doesn't have the tools / experience with the correct fill procedure.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts
Schaeffer's Supreme 9000 also

A Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts