Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been searching on you tube and on here for a video or pics or anything. How difficult is it to remove the center console bezel on an A8 equipped Challenger? I got a killer offer for the HVAC controls from a Scat Pack with the STP button. Yes I have the Launch control working on my car with the help of AlfaOBD, I just want to see what tools and how bad it is to switch the controls out. I do not want to break any tabs.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I’ve done it a couple times now on my 2019 Scat Pack. Very doable.

I used this video as reference for 90% of it.
The last 10% that is different than the video is for the automatic shifter.

For the auto shifter handle you need a Tsomething size driver and you disassemble the handle off the shaft as the final thing that lets you free that center shifter console piece.

Upper right corner of that shifter console piece is the toughest for me. Hard to get a pry tool under there. I just ended up mangling my fingers to get in there.

Once you get that shifter console piece out of the way, the remaining surround is pretty easy to pull off from the dash.

Just note for the HVAC part of that trim piece - the pulling motion is pull forward toward you (as opposed to up towards you)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts