Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,
Anyone have better pics of the 2015 Black Challenger at the auto show. I know the Green, B-5, and Silver Scat Pack are getting all the coverge but i would really love to see the new facia on the Black car. Thanks guys. On the fence silver or black.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
On the fence silver or black. Cheers
Black is not a color, it's a job. Unless you're familiar with maintaining a black car you may want to go silver.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I agree with what's been said above.

I've owned two black cars before and NEVER again.

Cars do look good in black. But in addition to every other car on the road these days being black, it tends to hide the contours of the body and lines of the design, and show every chip, scratch and imperfection.

So unless you are planning to constantly be cleaning, polishing and giving it ALL of your attention, silver is a LOT more forgiving: easier to clean, hides chips and scratches, shows off the contours of the car much better, and still allows you make it your own with a slight dose of creativity.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I completely agree with the above. Coming from 2 blue cars and 1 grey, my Pitch Black Challenger has to be waxed 2-3 times a week to avoid seeing dust, dirt, and very light scratches. If you're thinking of going black then make sure you buy the 3 pearl black and not pitch black. That'll help hide the dirt and dust.

With that said, this might be my last black car. Theirs definitely too much work keeping it flawless.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
So unless you are planning to constantly be cleaning, polishing and giving it ALL of your attention, silver is a LOT more forgiving: easier to clean, hides chips and scratches, shows off the contours of the car much better, and still allows you make it your own with a slight dose of creativity.
The source of our love/hate relationship with black cars is that although they show dirt, swirls, etc. much more than other colors when you get it clean and shiny NO COLOR even comes close to looking that good.

Having said that, this is my last black car. At 67 I'm too old for this stuff. I just want to drive.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was crazy about keeping my black RT clean, but now I have come to realize it will get dirty 5 minutes after I wash it. Right now my car looks dirty but still it's the most manly color out there lol. Dirty black is better than a soft clean white.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts