Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys just purchased a used 2015 Scatpack SRT 392. Coming from a previous 5.7 manual Challenger (which I absolutely loved) all I can say is - holy chit!!! Can not believe how powerful this car is! Here's the story on how I came up on this one - sold my beloved 5.7 in July and said I would wait a year or two and then buy the Scatpack. Well only 4 months later and here I am. I was ornery after selling my pristine 5.7 - walked around in a bit of a daze for a week not believing I sold it. Anyhow, I am a deal hunter and found a couple cars I was interested in - waiting till end of October to start the search as I knew if I got close to winter in the Midwest I might be able to steal one and steal one is what I did! 60 days on Car Gurus and multiple calls later to the dealer in WI who had it listed at 36K. I watched and watched as the price started coming down all the while expressing interest (but not too much interest) with the dealer. Long story short - after 4 weeks and multiple price drops as soon as it came down to 31,995 I jumped. Got the car from the dealer at 31,700 the other day - last day of November! Fully loaded. I take it to a local mechanic prior to buying and he calls me in the garage and says he wants to show me something (I'm thinking oh no - here we go). He shows me the underneath carriage of the car and says he's never seen one so immaculate! He loved the car (he restores old cars). Said if I don/t buy it he will. Car has 275 Nitto's all around, a cam was done on it, CAI, barton shifter, tower strut bar in the engine bay and a stabilizing bar on the back end. This car sounds like a stock car and runs perfect. So much fun. Black on black - my favorite. The original owner was a mechanic that works for the dealership on their Hellcats. He bought it from that dealership and after 23K miles traded it in for a truck. Wow do I feel lucky!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No pic to post as of yet

The pic on my avatar is my old 5.7. Will update with a pic of the new one.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,768 Posts
Congratulations! :thumbsup:...Black you say? >:)

A Guy

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! Still can't believe its sitting in my garage. It will be a painful winter with it in storage. Have a great holiday.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Guy! Love your car its beautiful. Have a good holiday.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,146 Posts
Congratulations on your New Scat Pack! :cheers:

It sounds like you found a Great deal on one that has some pretty sweet sounding mods too!

Do you have any pictures or maybe a sound clip to hear the cam for her that you could Please share?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Freddy, thanks for your comment! Yea I feel really lucky. Will try and upload a pic of the car and some video for you.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Freddy hate to ask but am kind of new here - do you know how to rotate the avatar photo? Can't seem to get it right side up! Also do you have to be a premium member to upload some video? Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,768 Posts
Use a smaller picture to start with. Make it something like 150x150. It will likely resize a 400x400 OK, but a regular sized pic, it does have trouble with. I can rotate the avatar as displayed, but it will be narrow. You can also crop off some or the driveway in front of it to make it square, so the car will display larger. If you don't have photo editing experience, drop the original here and I, or someone will do it ;)

A Guy

P.S. Video is different, I think you have to have it on youtube, dropbox. OneDrive, etc.

Reactions: Clevetown

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guy thank you!! I figured you would know - but just didn't ask you. I will see what I can do and if still having a problem I may turn to you - very kind of you! Thanks Guy!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lets see if this has fixed it! It shows up as right side up now but hasn't changed over on my other posts (not sure if its supposed to do that). Trying this post to see how it shows up.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Lets see if this has fixed it! It shows up as right side up now but hasn't changed over on my other posts (not sure if its supposed to do that). Trying this post to see how it shows up.
:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,768 Posts
:thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Gratz! Over two years later every time I get into the throttle I smile ear to ear! I'm definitely interested in that cam mod on yours..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know the feeling about the power. I came from a 6 cylinder honda to a 392 and OMG. Can't stop smiling from the time I hit start.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

These problems are a LOT better than dealing with than car problems!!!
Congratulations. You are the cat who ate the canary. Good luck!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love the car dude!!! Beautiful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts