Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info on the supposed body style changes that were rumored for 2015 ??

In Nov I pulled the trigger & ordered a 2014 SRT , which I absolutely love compared to my 09 RT (loved that one too) , I did so believing that Chrysler/Dodge was changing the body style & wanted to get the last yr of current style ..

I'll be a bit disappointed if 2015 remains the same only because I would've waited an extra yr .

Any thoughts / insight ?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
404 Posts
The 2015 won't be drastically different from the 2014 but honestly, you probably shouldve waited for the cosmetic and interior upgrades the 2015 will bring. It'll set them apart from the earlier models. Hopefully some of the upgrades will be direct bolts-ons for the rest of us.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Body panels are going to be pretty much exactly the same except for the front and rear end. '71 cues instead of '70. Roof antennae is going to be a shark fin style like the camaro. I believe the current hood may be different as well, more flat and loses the dual scoops/T style. Completely redone interior to mock that of the dart/viper but will have changes to door panels and other various items to make it exclusive for challenger. Last but not least, the 8 speed automatic.

·
Registered
387 Posts
And, there is word floating around that Marchionne only agreed to two more model years due to good sales of the Challenger...so as far as anyone knows right now, 2015 and 2016 will be it.

If that happens, those two models will be much more valuable in the future.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hopefully some of the upgrades will be direct bolts-ons for the rest of us.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Anything electronic will not interface with the 2008-2014 because of the different electronics structure. All CAN BUS communications will change if the rumor is true about the interior being spawned from the LX/LD. Anything cool, you wont be able to add.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
And, there is word floating around that Marchionne only agreed to two more model years due to good sales of the Challenger...so as far as anyone knows right now, 2015 and 2016 will be it.

If that happens, those two models will be much more valuable in the future.
15, 16 and 17 will be the next batch and there will be a smaller and lighter model coming out in 18. Confirmed by RS in the 2015 Challenger thread. At LEAST 4 more model years

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Yeah, based on the other thread, sheet metal will be the same, just different front and rear treatments.

Biggest change mechanically, is the new floor pan design, which will be able to handle the 8 speed, and totally different front and rear suspension set ups...........from Fiat.

Could be very interesting indeed. Similar looking car, with a lot of different mechanicals!

Reactions: RoostKing

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I definately would like for them to carry over the current hood, absolutely nothing wrong with it and perfect in everyway I think. Maybe make the scoops a bit wider as the old challengers were but other than that... I have a feeling it's going to be more of a flatter hood though... which could still look good. Think of a shaker hood except minus the big hole in the middle.

Attachments

Reactions: RoostKing

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input - No regrets then I love the way the current SRT (mine is white no stripes ) looks & really love the hood --

470 HP is plenty fast with the six speed you're braking the tires loose in 2nd and third gear - if I need more speed to break 500 hp i'm sure there are a few inexpensive bolt ons ..

Going to leave the exhaust stock as well - couldnt stand the RT when I first got it it sounded like a V6 - went with blastin BOBs too much drone then switched to blastin bobs with the glass pack better but drone still present -

SRT sounds a little better w/ stock exhaust than the RT & do not want drone in a 50 K car ...

Thanks again
:weed:

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I can't wait to see the '15. I'm sure with the good sales of the Challenger right now that not a whole lot is going to change. I bet it will be a refresh like in 2011. I would be willing to bet there will be some halo headlights. Mustang and Camaro have them and when I spoke to Ralph Giles standing next to my car he was admiring my halo headlights and even took a bunch of pics of them with his cell phone saying the Challenger needs headlights like mine. don't expect multicolored halo lights but I would expect the white ones to appear.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Did they manage to eliminate the wheel hop problem on the manual 2011 and up cars? Or will they with the 15?

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Did they manage to eliminate the wheel hop problem on the manual cars with 2011 and up cars? Or will they with the 15?
I know it sounds crazy but I've never experienced wheel hop problems with my car but I did have the cradle bushings installed by Petty's Garage when I did my build. Maybe if they make the cradle bushings upgrade in the '15 then we will not have the wheel hop problems.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Thanks for the input - No regrets then I love the way the current SRT (mine is white no stripes ) looks & really love the hood --

470 HP is plenty fast with the six speed you're braking the tires loose in 2nd and third gear - if I need more speed to break 500 hp i'm sure there are a few inexpensive bolt ons ..

Going to leave the exhaust stock as well - couldnt stand the RT when I first got it it sounded like a V6 - went with blastin BOBs too much drone then switched to blastin bobs with the glass pack better but drone still present -

SRT sounds a little better w/ stock exhaust than the RT & do not want drone in a 50 K car ...

Thanks again
:weed:
Only reason your tires break loose is because they are crap. Same ones on the 6.1l. Pathetic Dodge still uses Good-Year F1 when every high performance car uses Michelin which makes Good Year look like complete junk. 255 F1's? HAH. Worst tires I've ever had on my Challenger. Was literally "un-safe" when I was driving hard with the 6.1l . I've never had any real "drone" and I'm running turn-downs and was the first to use super-10's. Issue with single chamber mufflers? Still not loud enough, it's all outside. Fact you'd compare an R/T to an SRT exhaust..come on, both are pure shit. These cars are made to sing, let it sing. If you are going to drive a car with this style and either motors in V-8, at least let the sound fit the car you are driving.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah not a fan of good year but not changing them until they wear out which will be in about 5-6 yrs -

Bought RT when i was 42 & now approaching 50 so maybe it's old age LOL regarding the noise - BTW I have a 66 GTO 3 twos,4 spd , ram air IV specs, alum heads , headers with the least restrictive flowmasters and 393 rear so when I get the urge for some noise it's only 10 feet away form the SRT ; ))

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
I definately would like for them to carry over the current hood, absolutely nothing wrong with it and perfect in everyway I think. Maybe make the scoops a bit wider as the old challengers were but other than that... I have a feeling it's going to be more of a flatter hood though... which could still look good. Think of a shaker hood except minus the big hole in the middle.
I just want the option of using my carbon fiber speed logic hood

1 - 17 of 17 Posts