Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
I have 2015 challenger sxt.
This link is the noise.

Front dash between driver side vent and speedometer, this noise driving me crazy.
I tried to put adhesive tape between dash and bezel, make tight vent and bezel, put velcro behind the bezel, tried to remove vent...
Nothing could solve this noise.
This noise is more pronounced during cold weather(like in the morning, it's gone in the afternoon)
Anyone knows solution?
Please help....

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,292 Posts
i think they all make some sort of creeking sounds, plastic on plastic be as it where. both of mine do.
'if" you can ID where its coming from, you could try to jamb some thin carboard (like a business card thickness) or similar in between the gaps/mating surfaces, then trim off the excess so it cant be seen. they also make that colored welting stuff that guys/gals use to trim things, that would serve simialr function to fill the gaps/space.
good luck, I got one in the back passenger corner thats making me go nuts!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
My 2013 R/T does it too and sounds pretty much just like the sound in your video. And yes I usually notice it more on cold mornings right after I start driving to work...don't really notice it in the afternoons. It is what it is...I don't let it bother me or anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts