Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

We've had quite a few threads about increasing engine performance of our cars - and they are awesome, but I thought it would be fun, educational and helpful too to have a thread where people could list and confirm what mods they installed on their 2015+ Challengers to make them handle better and what positive effects they noticed.

Yes, the Challenger is definitely geared towards straight line performance, and most people try to increase performance in regards to that, but I think increasing the handling characteristics of the car can be satisfying as well when upgrading your car.

Whatever it is, whether it is wider tires, different tires, new suspensions, lowering, sway bars ... or a combo of these ... please share your experience :smile:

I'll make a start:

I installed the Petty's strut tower brace a couple of weeks ago on my SPS and was able to feel an immediate improvement in handling, a stiffer chassis, especially in the turn in. I can also see a little less body roll too.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
I did the Speedlogix front strut brace on my 2010 R/T, that really stiffened the car up in corners, definitely a noticeable difference. Haven't done any handling mods yet to my 2015 Scat Pack, just 1/4 mile performance stuff.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Front Petty strut brace, rear Petty shock brace, sub frame connectors and front/rear adjustable sway bars. Definitely notice better handling and less body roll. Sway bars also helped to get rid of the inherent push and make the car a little more neutral.
Plan next is Ridetech HQ coil overs, adjustable upper control arms for more camber and poly rear cradle bushings.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
Mopar Stage 1 springs followed by Petty strut brace, followed by the Per4mance Differential brace

Definitely feels more planted and "riding on rails" than stock with the first two mods. The jury is still out on the third mod since I haven't been able to get to a strip yet, but initial reaction is my rear doesn't feel so "bouncy" as it did before.

Reactions: sctm81

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, this is awesome info for everyone!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front Petty strut brace, rear Petty shock brace, sub frame connectors and front/rear adjustable sway bars. Definitely notice better handling and less body roll. Sway bars also helped to get rid of the inherent push and make the car a little more neutral.
Plan next is Ridetech HQ coil overs, adjustable upper control arms for more camber and poly rear cradle bushings.

Seems like a lot of people report great improvements with sway bars. What brand did you go with and what is a typical cost for parts + installation?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I went with the Petty sway bars as well. I believe they were about $300. I installed myself. The front is really easy, the rear is a little harder because you have to drop the cradle slightly and fish it thru but it's not hard to do just takes some time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts