Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 12823 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Will the hellcat be limited in numbers produced, or will they build as many as they can sell??
I don't think they will flood the market with them, but they will have to sell enough to cover all of the R&D expense. Haven't seen any exact numbers yet, but I would say "thousands" (as opposed to something like a one-time run of a thousand or two).

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
I don't think they will flood the market with them, but they will have to sell enough to cover all of the R&D expense. Haven't seen any exact numbers yet, but I would say "thousands" (as opposed to something like a one-time run of a thousand or two).

Well, since i bought my car when overseas and am still over here, I never really got attached LOLThanks RS!

·
Registered
839 Posts
When you get a chance ask him about the new hoods and other panels :). The interior will be all-new, everything is changing (cluster, center stack, seats, door panels etc.).

That wouldn't surprise me (for the Hellcat). The target numbers I have seen so far are jaw-dropping.
Jaw dropping for you ????

I have goose bumps!!
B R I N G I T ! ! ! !

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
Ive "heard" 680 HP. Im not sure I believe that the Challenger is getting a 210 HP jump from the current 470 hp, but I guess time will tell. Im thinking more like around 620 - 640

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
I would say the latter, or at least a hint that some design cues are being taken from the '71.
I thought Sergio wanted a more "European" looking car? How did we win THAT battle? If it looks even more like a Challenger with a more pronounced (sharper and lower) bodyline and like a '71 front and rear, you guys are going to seriously damage my bank account.

·
Registered
119 Posts
First, thank you Resume Speed for the information!

Maybe the '71 pic and the reference to larger tires could mean more "flaring" of the wheel openings?

Also, is it now appropriate to say the spy shots with the Cuda-look grille was not accurate for the appearance of the actual 2015 Challenger?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Subscribed with enthusiasm. A new challenger interior, a' la' Charger, might keep in an R/T or SRT. Otherwise it's back to a default 300C if they don't alter it's current style dramatically.

Respectfully,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
899 Posts
My OTHER source, (my younger Bro with friends on the inside) said the Hellcat will top out at 200 MPH.............he found this out at the Chrysler show at their museum last weekend.
I'd buy that, it probably will run 200 if the HC numbers being thrown around are legit. Don't forget the "little" 392 either, with a bit of weight loss (supposedly happening) and a bump to 500 HP (also supposedly happening) those have the potential to run 11's stock on their own, which for most guys will be enough.

Would be for me, especially for the price versus whatever the HC will be going for (probably 20K more, at least)...

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
This Thread is quite amusing considering that most of the info posted in the OP has already been confirmed in other threads as far back as July 2012. As everything was delayed from the supposed 2014MY introduction. Even the 1971 style Grille and taillight treatment was reported on at that time.

Most of the Hellcat Package has been in place since 2012MY with Mode Suspension and Launch Control 2013MY. There will be wider rear wheels and rubber similar to the Goodyear F1 G2 compound tires on the Shelby.

The big difference between an LC and new 2015MY Challenger is that the cars receives a new Galvanized styled Aluminum floorpan to accept the 8-speed Automatic and change from the Benz to Fiat/Maserati style aluminum suspension parts that will reduce weight on a hardtop V6 model approximately 300 lbs and 150 lbs w/Hellcat SC Hemi.

Expect a reduction in rear diff gearing for the Hellcat. Still 3.06 for auto and 3.73s for the 6speed manual trans. The Hellcats power output will be between 580 and 640 depending on final drive ratio and MPG standards.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
This Thread is quite amusing considering that most of the info posted in the OP has already been confirmed in other threads as far back as July 2012.
Actually most of the info had NOT been confirmed for the 2015 Challenger, especially as far back as July 2012 when a lot of decisions had not even been finalized. Can you post some links?

I think you're missing the point of this thread - which, as is done every model year, is designed to accumulate and sort all of the upcoming model information into one central place, and to try and weed out all the mis-information and rumors - of which there is no shortage of. The thread is, obviously, a work on progress in which new information will be added along the way. I have not posted everything I know about the 2015 models, that will come in time as more info is confirmed.

Even the 1971 style Grille and taillight treatment was reported on at that time.
I couldn't find the post you are referring to. Do you have the link?

Most of the Hellcat Package has been in place since 2012MY with Mode Suspension and Launch Control 2013MY.
Those features had nothing to do with the "Hellcat package", they were on the drawing board long before the Hellcat was finalized. They were designed for the 6.4, and will be modified accordingly for the 6.2. And, by a long shot, those two features would not even come close to being "most" of the Hellcat package.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Whats up?

This Thread is quite amusing considering that most of the info posted in the OP has already been confirmed in other threads as far back as July 2012. As everything was delayed from the supposed 2014MY introduction. Even the 1971 style Grille and taillight treatment was reported on at that time.

QUOTE]

Whats up with 6SPD4ME? Trying to be a wet blanket here? :scratchhead:
It's a conformation of some of the info we've heard before plus new info. I myself am appreciative of the info and looking forward to more.

Thanks Resumespeed

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
TURBO: MY inside source (he works at Chrysler Tech Center) echos what this OP says, only the front and rear fascias on the exterior (new stamping tools are too much $), and a fresh interior using the new radio the Dart has.

My OTHER source, (my younger Bro with friends on the inside) said the Hellcat will top out at 200 MPH.............he found this out at the Chrysler show at their museum last weekend.
Great information neighbor! :thumbsup:

Actually most of the info had NOT been confirmed for the 2015 Challenger, especially as far back as July 2012 when a lot of decisions had not even been finalized. Can you post some links?

I think you're missing the point of this thread - which, as is done every model year, is designed to accumulate and sort all of the upcoming model information into one central place, and to try and weed out all the mis-information and rumors - of which there is no shortage of. The thread is, obviously, a work on progress in which new information will be added along the way. I have not posted everything I know about the 2015 models, that will come in time as more info is confirmed.

[/COLOR] I couldn't find the post you are referring to. Do you have the link?

[/COLOR] Those features had nothing to do with the "Hellcat package", they were on the drawing board long before the Hellcat was finalized. They were designed for the 6.4, and will be modified accordingly for the 6.2. And, by a long shot, those two features would not even come close to being "most" of the Hellcat package.
RS, excellent responses! :browsmiley: Will the '15 LA have more, equal or less overall driver cabin space than the current model?

Whats up with 6SPD4ME? Trying to be a wet blanket here?
It's a conformation of some of the info we've heard before plus new info. I myself am appreciative of the info and looking forward to more.

Thanks Resumespeed
He's trying to piss in the punch bowl. :disgust:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
My wife said I know you are going to want this new 2015. She knows everything. LOL This sounds great. My master plan of having a R/T Classic as my daily driver and a SRT Hellcat as a toy may be coming to fruition in a few years. :) IT says the 8 speed will be available across the board. 8 speed plus over 600 horsepower. This thing will REALLY move. Also, if they are taking 71 design cues, can we expect the traditional Dodge cross hair grille this time around?

21 - 40 of 12823 Posts
About this Discussion
12.8K Replies
766 Participants
dodgemahal
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing