Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a v6 2015 challenger and when I went to start it this morning I have NO steering wheel controls,turn signal,traction control,airbags, you name it you'll see its light in the dash. The only thing that works is the radio and the A/C. Didnt do anything to cause it. This just happened out of the blue. What do you think it could be? Battery is brand new. The car runs and shifts fine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,313 Posts
very interesting. probably not a fuse, but wouldnt hurt to check. If you have several blown, that is certainly signs of trouble.
OTTOMH and without a proper professional diag, id try a batt disconnect. Pull both cables, wait 10 mins and reconnect.
see what that does...it normally works like a comp reboot of sorts for all systems. may help here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very interesting. probably not a fuse, but wouldnt hurt to check. If you have several blown, that is certainly signs of trouble.
OTTOMH and without a proper professional diag, id try a batt disconnect. Pull both cables, wait 10 mins and reconnect.
see what that does...it normally works like a comp reboot of sorts for all systems. may help here.
I've tried that as the first troubleshooting step. with no success. I've heard it could be either a steering column control module or a body control module. What's the difference between the two?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
That's not a valid code that I c
This is my results of the scan...
The code is "P1D88"

That's not a valid code that I could find, I'm not thinking that "D" is correct, but if I look at some of the codes that are P1#88 most are related to high voltage.

I would have someone with a more sophisticated scan tool (vs a simple code reader) see what's going on. Can you cycle through with your steering wheel buttons and see what your battery voltage is?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's not a valid code that I c

That's not a valid code that I could find, I'm not thinking that "D" is correct, but if I look at some of the codes that are P1#88 most are related to high voltage.

I would have someone with a more sophisticated scan tool (vs a simple code reader) see what's going on. Can you cycle through with your steering wheel buttons and see what your battery voltage is?
Sterring wheel controls have zero response whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,729 Posts
WIth the site changes, might have got lost, but probably clockspring.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,729 Posts
Can you elaborate on that?

I tried a longer message twice, but lost it with the site update.
I think it is clock spring related since only buttons on the wheel have problems? How about horn?
The clock spring has dedicated wires for controls, and separate ones for airbag, one may not affect the other. I'll re-read the thread.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried a longer message twice, but lost it with the site update.
I think it is clock spring related since only buttons on the wheel have problems? How about horn?
The clock spring has dedicated wires for controls, and separate ones for airbag, one may not affect the other. I'll re-read the thread.
Nothing that involves the steering wheel works including the horn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts