Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm currently in the market for a 2015+ R/T and I came across one today and I'm not sure if I should go for it. It's a 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus , red interior and 8.4 Uconnect (big factor for me) with 95,000 miles on it for $16,998. The Carfax does show that it's had regular oil changes and maintenance every 4 months or so. Does this sound like a good deal? Any high mileage R/T owners that can tell me what to expect if I do buy this? Used 2015 Dodge Challenger for sale | HGreg.com

I have another Challenger that I'm looking at, 2017 R/T 5 in. Uconnect (ugh), regular interior, 57400 miles for $19,300 (Napleton's Northlake Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Cars For Sale - Palm Beach Gardens, FL - CarGurus) so if the feedback I get from here about the high mileage challenger isn't the best then I'll go for this one.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,555 Posts
The 2015 seems priced a little high. Perhaps they are expecting the final buyer to haggle them down for the final sale.

Is the 2017 an M6 manual or A8 automatic trans?

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
That 2017’s price seems closer to what it’s worth, and the A8 would be my preference over the M6, so it appears to be a good one to go after IMHO.

If you’re good at haggling, the 2015 is a good car too, the miles shouldn’t scare you. It’s just priced a little high for my liking (and I’ve never been good at negotiating prices down for whatever reason).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input guys. I'm planning on looking at both within the next week. I'll try to get them to lower the price on the 2015 R/T but if they don't budge then I'll just go for the 2017 R/T.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
453 Posts
Good luck. If you can't get a crazy good deal in this market there is no hope for you. :p

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I'm currently in the market for a 2015+ R/T and I came across one today and I'm not sure if I should go for it. It's a 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus , red interior and 8.4 Uconnect (big factor for me) with 95,000 miles on it for $16,998. The Carfax does show that it's had regular oil changes and maintenance every 4 months or so. Does this sound like a good deal? Any high mileage R/T owners that can tell me what to expect if I do buy this? Used 2015 Dodge Challenger for sale | HGreg.com

I have another Challenger that I'm looking at, 2017 R/T 5 in. Uconnect (ugh), regular interior, 57400 miles for $19,300 (Napleton's Northlake Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Cars For Sale - Palm Beach Gardens, FL - CarGurus) so if the feedback I get from here about the high mileage challenger isn't the best then I'll go for this one.
If a car passes a thorough used car check out the odds are it was taken care of. A car doesn't get big miles being abused, misused, improperly serviced, and not show the signs.

The general advice in buying a used car it to buy the best example of what you want and can find.

Assuming their condition is equal and equally good the 2017 would probably be the better choice vs. the 2015.

Visit www.kbb.com or www.nada.com and using the details of each car get a whole sale/trade in price for each car. This is what the seller has in the car. This is where you should start your negotiation. Obviously you will have to come up but you need to decide by how much that is what is your "top" dollar.

You need to have a list of candidate cars all about the same though they don't have to all be Challengers and make it clear to the dealer that you are going to buy a car today and if not at this dealer you will visit the next car/dealer on your list.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
174 Posts
They are two very different cars. How much do colors/options matter? After looking at some cars closer to base, I had to have something close to loaded. The hood fit on the white one in the pics looks a little off. Take a look at that. Remember not everything makes it to a carfax

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts

The 2017 is a Plus, so it comes with the 8.4 as well. Base was a 5", but someone missed the Plus package upgrade that comes with the 8.4, heated/ventilated seats (probably not cloth?), etc.

But for me, the 2017 wouldn't even be on the radar as it doesn't have the Super Track Pak package. For me, STP is a must. No idea what you want though.

The 2017 is more fully optioned with the Convenience group and a sunroof and comes factory with Active Exhaust. The 2015 has Nav though, and the better stereo of the two cars.

Personally, I like a White car (2015) over a black one (2017) as well.

Can't comment on the miles though, or price.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really appreciate all of your guy's input!

Thank you for this. This will help me know exactly what's in the vehicle.

They are two very different cars. How much do colors/options matter? After looking at some cars closer to base, I had to have something close to loaded. The hood fit on the white one in the pics looks a little off. Take a look at that. Remember not everything makes it to a carfax
I'd really like to have the 8.4 Uconnect display in the R/T I purchase. If I find a good looking R/T and it has the 5 in Uconnect, then I would just buy an 8.4 Uconnect and replace the radio with that. As for colors, preferably black, grey, silver, white in that order.

Thanks for pointing out the hood fitment. I'll take a closer look at the pictures and in person.

The 2017 is a Plus, so it comes with the 8.4 as well. Base was a 5", but someone missed the Plus package upgrade that comes with the 8.4, heated/ventilated seats (probably not cloth?), etc.

But for me, the 2017 wouldn't even be on the radar as it doesn't have the Super Track Pak package. For me, STP is a must. No idea what you want though.

The 2017 is more fully optioned with the Convenience group and a sunroof and comes factory with Active Exhaust. The 2015 has Nav though, and the better stereo of the two cars.

Personally, I like a White car (2015) over a black one (2017) as well.

Can't comment on the miles though, or price.
STP isn't all the much of a must for me, though it would be great. I'm really leaning towards the 2017 as the safer and more loaded option. I'll probably just install an 8.4 into it if it doesn't have it.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
431 Posts
I'm really leaning towards the 2017 as the safer and more loaded option. I'll probably just install an 8.4 into it if it doesn't have it.
It should already have an 8.4. As I said above, it has the Plus package which comes with the 8.4 radio.

Maybe you are seeing the 5.0" listed on the window sticker? Make sure you read down and note that the next to Optional Equipment it says "May replace standard equipment" and about 6 lines below that it says UConnect 8.4.

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It should already have an 8.4. As I said above, it has the Plus package which comes with the 8.4 radio.

Maybe you are seeing the 5.0" listed on the window sticker? Make sure you read down and note that the next to Optional Equipment it says "May replace standard equipment" and about 6 lines below that it says UConnect 8.4.
I see now, sorry about that. This one should have the 8.4 but when I check in person I'll make sure of it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
When I was looking, I can't say that I had ever saw a 17plus with a 5in radio and I looked at many Challengers but thats not to say it's impossible.

I love my 18 A8 with 8.4nav. It was sitting next to a 18plus, same F8 color (the dealer called them twins) but the plus had matte black rims, all the bells and whistles, 8.4 nav, backup camera, Remote start, heated seats, assisted braking, leather and it was almost 8k more, maybe more collectible then mine. Unfortunately it's still sitting on the lot with around 200 miles on it for 33k last time I checked.

I decided on my regular RT because I like the old school looks of chrome. I do wish mine would have had factory remote start so I had the dealer install a oem remote start. I am still on the fence about tinting the windows, most days I really want them tinted others not so much as every car I see has tinted windows. Also if the tint looks like crap for the amount of money I have to pay to have it done.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
I scheduled window tinting before I picked up my car :) I think it was #2 on my list after black lug nuts, which I already had :D

A Guy

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
I scheduled window tinting before I picked up my car :) I think it was #2 on my list after black lug nuts, which I already had :D

A Guy
If Willy Nelson had written Red Headed Stranger about @A Guy, the chorus would go something like this:

“...
Don’t cross him, don’t boss him
Just keep your mouth shut.

Don’t fight him, don’t spite him
He murdered out his own lug nuts...

😵😵😵😵😵

Reactions: DakBuilder

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
But I changed my lug nuts in Reno, just to watch them dye...

A Guy

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
But I changed my lug nuts in Reno, just to watch them dye...

A Guy
Thats Boy Named Sue by Johnny Cash. I’m talking Challenger Driving Stranger by Willie Nelson:

The Challenger driving stranger from San Fran-Cisco
Rode into town one day

And under his knees was a raging black stallion,
But not the kind that eats hay.

The Challenger driving stranger had eyes like thunder,
And his lips, they were sad and tight.

His little lost love lay asleep on the hillside,
And his heart was heavy as night

Don't cross him, don't boss him.
Don't fight him, don't spite him
He murdered out his own lug nuts.

A yellow-haired lady leaned out of her window,
And watched as he passed her way.

She drew back in fear at the sight of the Challenger.
But she wanted to touch it and decided ‘What the hey’

But how could she know that this shining black Challenger
Meant more to him than life?

For this was the car that his little lost darling
Had driven when she was his wife.

Don't cross him, don't boss him.
Don't fight him, don't spite him
He murdered out his own lug nuts.

There’s another verse but it involves slaying the yellow haired lady for touching his car, so I’ve left it off for obvious reasons

1 - 20 of 24 Posts