Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my husband took our car to get a new windshield, when he got ready to leave the car would not start, no lights , no nothing...... he went to get a new battery , put it in and the car starting rebooting ?? i guess ?
the wipers were going the dash started lighting up... then after about 5 minutes the car finally starts but now the engine light is on and won't go off.... the OLD battery is fully charged

anyone have any ideas ... what happened or what's going with my dreamcar???:frown:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,172 Posts
Faulty alternator or something is wrong with the IBS which checks the state of charge on the battery? Have someone like pepboys pull the engine code to see what system is not functioning properly?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update.

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS GONE OFF ... EVERYTHING IS WORKING GREAT NOW. THANK YOU :laugh2:

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
My guess would be the windshield people left something(s) on with the ignition and drained your battery. Have you load tested the old battery?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Yes that was probably it. many owners will never have an issue and think some of are crazy, but these cars, more than any other Ive ever had or known about, are very suseptable to minor glitches in thier electrical system, including low batt/low voltage. They can bleed down all on thier own as well..a problem Ive been dealing with in our 2015 since new. One has to be certain eveyrthing is off/unplugged etc before leaving the car, even then thats not a perfect solution.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Low voltage can throw a code in just about every system in the car. It's not uncommon to have 10+ codes stored is a battery goes dead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts