Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I’ll cut to the chase, my 2015 challenger RT shaker has been misfiring lately. After reading the codes, it was telling me I had a bad fuel/air mixture. so I changed all the spark plugs, all the Ignition coils, and the MAP sensor and I put some fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank just to be safe. but it still continues to misfire just a less now than before. I don’t know if the fuel filter is in the tank or in line? My fuel pump seems to be working fine as well so I didn’t know what to do right now. Does anybody have an idea of what is happening or going on that I could have missed?? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,203 Posts
Fuel/air mixture related codes suggests an intake air leak. Some models experience manifold bolts loosening up over time.

There can be a PCM issue. Read through to see if your vehicle might be one of the affected vehicles.

TSB 18-046-15

SUBJECT:
Flash: 5.7L Diagnostic And System Improvements

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves reprogramming of the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with the latest software.

MODELS:
2015 (LA) Dodge Challenger
2015 (LD) Dodge Charger
2015 (LX) Chrysler 300

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before April 29, 2015 (MDH 0429XX) equipped with the 5.7L engine (Sales Codes EZC and EZH).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
A small number of customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find one or more of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).
• P219A - Bank 1 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance
• P219B - Bank 2 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance
• P0307 - Cylinder 7 Misfire
• P2096 - Downstream Fuel Trim System 1 Lean
• P2097 - Downstream Fuel Trim System 1 Rich

Additional Symptoms:
• Engine buck or delay feeling during low speed driving.
• Less than desired engine performance during Multiple Displacement System (MDS) mode transitions.

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
many modern vehicles don't have a fuel filter, instead there's a woven "sock" that is on the fuel pickup tube to filter out debris

some of the items to investigate:
- retighten intake manifold bolts (could be air / vacuum leak)
with a Shaker, you'll like have to remove the base plate and perhaps the bracket to access all 10 intake bolts
  • check PCV lines to make sure no lines or elbow connections are bad
  • check torque of throttle body to intake
  • catch can? your hoses could be collapsed or leaking

the last step might be checking compression ratio - if you have a lifter that has worn down a cam lobe, that can throw things off as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts