Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing that the 2014 Challenger Rts (loaded} being discounted $7000-$8000
off of Msrp at many dealerships for the last 2 years.

Myself I will look to trade up to a 2015 Challenger RT with Shaker hood
I am sure it will not be like in 2008 when the challengers first came out that dealers wanted $5000
over Msrp.
I am sure Dodge will be making as many as they can
Not sure if the discount will be as high as the 2014s?
But I will not buy a 2015 unless I get a super dealllll even if I have too wait till 2016.
Butttt I do feel that many of these dealers will still give great discounts on these cars since they are not limited.
I feel if a Hemi Rt with Shaker hood Msrp should be around $42,000 - $43,000
Then I should be able to buy one for around $35,000 New.(now I want a Dark Green}........JQ

·
Registered
151 Posts
Local dealer wants 10k to be on the pre-order list. Lol. They also stated they will not know the "market price" until the car lands at the dealer to gauge interest.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems what a dealer told me in 2008 that a 6 speed trans (standard}
was going to be very limited since its the same trans that was in a viper.
I guess that's why they wanted $5000 over Msrp.

I am sure some dealers will want top dollar in Pre orders?(over Msrp}
But Challengers will be flooding into dealerships so I feel in early sept.
Butttt I am sure prices will be like on the 2014s and if anyone pays over Msrp
then I will have a little laugh on them(shumkssssss}..........JQ

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am also curious to see how much the price drops on the 2014 models.

I 2014 at a super sweet price might make me think twice about waiting for the 2015's to come down in price.

I am really afraid that they are going to be asking big bucks for all these new additions.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If I had to guess the base 5.7 R/T might be semi close to the current price with the 392 prices being in the price range of the current SRT 8s. Then the shaker versions would be adding X amount maybe $2500 to the R/T or R/T plus models. I doubt there would be a price reduction for the 2015's unless they had poor sales which I guess would be some what determined by the new price structures.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
carcrazyguy;2635074[B said:
]Local dealer wants 10k to be on the pre-order list[/B]. Lol. They also stated they will not know the "market price" until the car lands at the dealer to gauge interest.
Tell them to pound sand, Some dealers are real PIGS.

·
Super Moderator
16,633 Posts
Since there's no stated limited production of Shaker package models (as the '14 R/T Shakers were)...there won't be limited allocations.

The dealers were limited (for '14s) to "spec" orders of 500 so that certain dealers couldn't claim too much of the production. That left 1,500 "sold status" orders to be submitted as customers placed orders for their car.

Dealers can ought to be able to order as many '15 Shaker Packages as they want and customers can order cars to suit their preferences in options. No shortage.

The '08s...that was a feeding frenzy. New model and limited right from the get-go. The whole numbered plaque deal only added to the markups that dealers were sticking onto the '08s.

It was better to wait for the '09s when there were more options and some features added (manual trans, limited slip diff, more colors and more trim levels...R/T, R/T-C and SE models along with the SRT).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Local dealer wants 10k to be on the pre-order list. Lol. They also stated they will not know the "market price" until the car lands at the dealer to gauge interest.

Wow. My guy at my dealership texted me and said "we're ordering your car on day one," no money needed to be on any pre-order list.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's the same dealer that laughed me out of the showroom for my offer on a 14 Ram R/T. They said I would never be able to buy one for the price I was offering. We bought the exact same truck from a dealer in Austin (150 miles away), the next day, for the same price I offered the local dealer. The kicker of the deal. The price I offered was exactly what Truecar showed and the price the Austin (and several other) dealerships advertised.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Or...save your $$$$

Buy a "used SRT." Place a Cervini Shaker on it. And save some $$$. Don't know what the "shaker hype" is about. I guess these guys like "trinkets" over "power." Sure ...they look kind of cool...But isn't a "Blower"...WAY COOLER? (which is not much more than these overprices ornaments cost). If I bought a factory "Shaker" (which I would NOT), it would be on a 6.4. Why drive a car that "Looks Pretentious." As if it had a "Beast Under the Hood?"

That is ok if the looks... "back it up." Otherwise...it's "toilet paper in a bra."

·
Registered
127 Posts
and its absolutely ridiculous. The new mustang will be out and the Camaro SS will still be available in the low to mid $30's. Of course Dodge will again scratch their heads wondering why they're last in sales to the other two again......

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I have owned a 2009 Rt and have a 2012 RT
Will upgrade too another RT with Shaker since its best to buy something New
with a Warrenty(why buy something out of warrenty?}
So my warrenty will end in Dec of 2014 and will look at the newest challenger with Shaker.Seems that Fiat will be making all they can and will not be limited at all.
Makes No sense at all to buy a 2014 with shaker since almost all dealers will mark up the cars when the 2015 are only months away..........JQ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts