Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Wow!!!! And for all those people that said it would be slower than a GT500 because of the HP to weigh ratio. They don't realize they are calculating peak HP to weight ratio; these things move based on power under the curve not peak power which you are at for 1rpm.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
637 Posts
Dang, kinda makes you wander when the good ole goverment will step in.....

I mean, where do you go from here?? Just awesome.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
This is just... pure awesomeness.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
NICE!!!!!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
This thing will do 10s without the DRs. Trap speed is definitely showing the mass, lol. I am almost numb, 4450lb. car just did 10.80s, NOT 10.99, with just DRs in the heat! Shit, imagine decent weather. Anyone want to start guessing at real HP numbers?

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,433 Posts
10.85 seconds @ 126.18 MPH

Holy mother of Mopar!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
This thing will do 10s without the DRs. Trap speed is definitely showing the mass, lol. I am almost numb, 4450lb. car just did 10.80s, NOT 10.99, with just DRs in the heat! Shit, imagine decent weather. Anyone want to start guessing at real HP numbers?
Also is that even an experienced driver? I wouldn't be surprised if a really good driver in decent weather on DRs could hit the 10.58 we heard floating around!!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Also is that even an experienced driver? I wouldn't be surprised if a really good driver in decent weather on DRs could hit the 10.58 we heard floating around!!
Excellent track and weather plus DRs, 10.50s is not out of the question. I am willing to bet Chrysler had a good driver.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ford and Chevy owner's will B jumping ship. Love it!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
God please let it be priced at 55k...

·
Registered
133 Posts
10.10 with the right conditions and driver? :rocker:

Anyone else notice that they chose 70's on 7 for the station? Take out the 's on and you get 707. foreshadow much Dodge? roflmao

·
Registered
32 Posts
Excellent track and weather plus DRs, 10.50s is not out of the question. I am willing to bet Chrysler had a good driver.
According to Jalopnik, that video WAS on DRs:

"That's on street legal drag radials, according to this new video from Chrysler. Equipped thusly the Hellcat did the quarter mile in 10.86 seconds at 126 mph. The number has been NHRA certified.12
Similarly, with its production tires, the Hellcat runs the quarter in 11.2 seconds at 125 mph, also certified. That's also fantastic."

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
According to Jalopnik, that video WAS on DRs:

"That's on street legal drag radials, according to this new video from Chrysler. Equipped thusly the Hellcat did the quarter mile in 10.86 seconds at 126 mph. The number has been NHRA certified.12
Similarly, with its production tires, the Hellcat runs the quarter in 11.2 seconds at 125 mph, also certified. That's also fantastic."
I know. I guess I didn't word it accurately enough. Good weather (DA) + good track prep (I bet this track was prepped) + DRs (just like this car has) = 10.50s. Better weather and track prep and this car will literally be beating GT-Rs, McLaren 12Cs and the like. Imagine showing up and beating a McLaren 12C in your DR Hellcat. Think that is getting carried away? Think again, this car did 10.85 in poor weather. I have seen McLaren 12Cs run 10.80s.

Reactions: Challyofdoom
1 - 20 of 21 Posts