Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I and the original owner and have a bone stock suspension (except for a Petty shock tower) on my 2015 Scat Pack Shaker with 26k miles on it.

I have a "Bilstein performance suspension" listed on my vehicle sticker (attached). Does anyone know where i can go to get the "specs" on the "Bilstein performance suspension" as I'm considering doing some performance mods. I'd hate to swap a solid OEM set for a (near) identical aftermarket spring, shock, sway bar set up.

BTW... I don't race and I'm just a cruiser around town who takes corners a little to fast and uses on ramps and a drag strip. I'm not unhappy so much as I'm curious as to what "the next step up" looks like.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,429 Posts
The next step up from that suspension setup may be a giant leap actually. I’ve upgraded the Touring and Pursuit suspensions on the last 3 LXs I’ve had, and I basically ended up with what you have now. That’s a damned good setup IMHO, I can take corners around here at twice the posted speed with that suspension.

The next step up is probably going with some coil overs and such. Good stuff for sure, but prohibitively expensive in many cases.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My question is about sway bars as I'm not interested in lowering the car or making the ride terribly stiffer.

From what I understand, the OEM size on a 15 Scat Pack front sway bar is 32mm and the rear sway bar is 19mm.Is that right?

I take a look at the aftermarket kits it shows the rears on Hotchkis and Eibach are 19MM, so thee is no gain in swapping the rear I'm guessing?

However, in my checking I see the front on both the Hotchkis and the Eibach are 35mm. The Eibach is hollow (I have no idea if the OEM is solid or hollow). If I swap the OEM 32 for the Eibach hollow 35, will I notice a "bang for the buck" difference? Is hollow better, worse or no difference?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
My question is about sway bars as I'm not interested in lowering the car or making the ride terribly stiffer.

From what I understand, the OEM size on a 15 Scat Pack front sway bar is 32mm and the rear sway bar is 19mm.Is that right?

I take a look at the aftermarket kits it shows the rears on Hotchkis and Eibach are 19MM, so thee is no gain in swapping the rear I'm guessing?

However, in my checking I see the front on both the Hotchkis and the Eibach are 35mm. The Eibach is hollow (I have no idea if the OEM is solid or hollow). If I swap the OEM 32 for the Eibach hollow 35, will I notice a "bang for the buck" difference? Is hollow better, worse or no difference?

Thanks!
Bill

this past summer I put the Scat Pack widebody front and rear sway bars front is 34mm and rear is 22mm
the OEM ones ('16 Scat Pack 392 Shaker) were 32mm and 19mm respectively

both the OEM and WB front bars are hollow, the rear bars are hollow as well.

I've noticed less body roll and now if I push it hard, I'll get oversteer vs. understeer with the stock setup.

I didn't want to deal with regular lubrication of aftermarket sway bars with poly bushings - I had Hotchkis on my former '09 R/T and while the handling was great, it got old dealing with groaning / squeaking bushings that had to be re-greased.

The OEM bushings appear to be a firmer rubber compound for the WB bars and no lubrication and they're quiet

changing out the rear bar requires lower the IRS cradle several inches as the sway bar is bolted on the top part and you need the clearance to access the brackets and R & R the rear bar.

note- most makers design understeer as its "easier" for drivers to feel that effect and either back off throttle or increase steering input.

Oversteer requires more attention as it can make the rear drift out as the limits of tire adhesion are reached.

WB front bar # 68386844AA / bushings (2 req) 682369844AA

rear bar # 68184227AA / bushings (2 req) 68045178AA

I had verified the part # for the bars from a friend's '19 SP widebody when we had it on my lift. Took pictures of the parts tags on the car. Verified with the online parts listings.

He later traded the '19 SP WB (wanted different color) and got a '20 - same sway bars used.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Hal, I appreciate your advice. I think that your suggestions are the ultimate way to go.

So, for the moment I installed a set of Eibach 35mm sway bars today and a new set of OEM end links. This makes my front suspension Eibach sway bars and a Petty shock tower brace. I still have the stock set up for the rear at 19mm.

I took the car to my local high school parking lot and did a bunch of figure 8s. I could really tell a difference as the car was flat - like a 15 century astronomer version of flat. I could also tell a difference as I drove over the landscape brick entrance to my subdivision as the car felt more solid and grounded.

So far so good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts