·
Registered
56 Posts
They are warranting the new transmission for 100000 miles

·
Registered
2016 R/T
99 Posts
2015 here dude, same exact problem, they did the software update, she's going back in after 500 miles, they told me she has to relearn....really!....lmao.....it did help 90%, but it's a new car....my question is " did the factory drive it for 500 miles before they sold it to me? "....i think not..

·
Registered
146 Posts
2015 here dude, same exact problem, they did the software update, she's going back in after 500 miles, they told me she has to relearn....really!....lmao.....it did help 90%, but it's a new car....my question is " did the factory drive it for 500 miles before they sold it to me? "....i think not..
Actually, they do learn, it's called adaptive memory and when that is cleared by re-flashing the TCM then yes SOP requires time and mileage for the adaptives to re-set.

·
Registered
2016 R/T
99 Posts
Thx....its funny....I was washing her after work friday, pull in garage & heard a buzzing noise every 30 seconds, it was coming from the bottom of car, it stopped the next morning, i'm guessing it was relearning?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Darn it....

Well this thread has me bummed...

My 2015 SST has about 2,858 miles on it. I don't drive it much.

I bought in the spring and never noticed one issue. Not even had a first oil change yet.

Now that the weather is cooler, I'm also noticing either a slip from 2nd to 3rd or sort like a hesitation that when it finally pops into 3rd it makes you rock n your seat.

I am also noticing a slight tick as well. I usually have the air on and radio so never noticed it. Turning everything off, it's there.

Guess I'm callin the dealer.

Keep you all posted.

Test,

·
Registered
2016 R/T
99 Posts
well after reading other posts i think we're screwed!....changing the valve body sames to be a temp fix, then a new transmission works for awhile then it comes back!.....again, I'm reading this all from da web.....gotta be true, right?....lol...it's been 200 miles on mine after they did the software update, remember i'm suppose to drive it 500 to 1000 miles before it relearns how to shift......anyways, it's 90% better, now it only does it on the first take off after it sets for awhile.....it's just blows me away on how it can't shift right then it starts to work fine?...wtf!....i want my 1969 Nova back! :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I don't know if this is what you are experiencing, but these transmissions run different shift programs based on temperature. When it starts getting colder out, they hang in the lower gears to raise the rpm's and that helps the engine and transmission warm-up quicker. It should only be on the first couple of shifts and once the temps are up it goes back to the normal program.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I don't know if this is what you are experiencing, but these transmissions run different shift programs based on temperature. When it starts getting colder out, they hang in the lower gears to raise the rpm's and that helps the engine and transmission warm-up quicker. It should only be on the first couple of shifts and once the temps are up it goes back to the normal program.

Good point, I hope that's exactly what it is. The fact that it goes away after a few minutes seems to suggest that. I have the Cold weather group on my Challenger so I will plug in the block heater and see if that makes any difference.

Test,

·
Registered
2016 R/T
99 Posts
well here's my question then, i got in Dec 2014 very cold here in Ohio at that time of year....never did it until July of this year which was very warm here...take today, it was 55 degrees in my garage before i left for Denny's ( got have Denny's breakfast once in a while! :) ) it did it, but after warming up to temp. it went away....i would think 55 degrees is warm? again, I'm not a monkey wrench type of guy but wht didn't it do it last winter?....ps, i still love this car, i figure I'll fight until the 3 years are up and dump it.

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
well here's my question then, i got in Dec 2014 very cold here in Ohio at that time of year....never did it until July of this year which was very warm here...take today, it was 55 degrees in my garage before i left for Denny's ( got have Denny's breakfast once in a while! :) ) it did it, but after warming up to temp. it went away....i would think 55 degrees is warm? again, I'm not a monkey wrench type of guy but wht didn't it do it last winter?....ps, i still love this car, i figure I'll fight until the 3 years are up and dump it.
You may have a different issue, I was just pointing out a characteristic of these electronically controlled transmissions that has been around since Chrysler started using them in 1989.

It isn't a cold weather package, they all have the same programming. People in warmer climates would never experience it. It is all about emissions and fuel economy standards. The faster they can get the powertrain up to operating temperature, the quicker the cats start operating and the quicker the fuel economy improves. People that live in Canada like me are quite familiar with this operation. My 2015 Chrysler 200C with 3.6L and 9spd trans does the same thing on a cold morning. It even has radiator shutters for quicker warm-up and improved aero which helps fuel economy. There is a lot more to meeting the standards than just smaller engines and multi-speed transmissions. The manufacturers have to build cars that fit in a box determined by the standards for safety, emissions and fuel economy and it isn't easy to do while still making cars that will get the buyers excited.

Sorry guys, I kind of got into instructor mode there, lol. I was a Chrysler Service Trainer for 14 years before I retired. Old habits die hard.

·
Registered
2016 R/T
99 Posts
it could be different?....forgot to mention also when it does it, it feels like it slips between 1st & 2nd and then it feels like it grabs 2nd real bad....had some other issues too....one day last Feb the control said my driver side rear blinker light was out.....stopped by dealer and it was weird...the outside blinker was working but the inside said no!....went back to work, and at 5:00 too leave work, the error was gone?....3 times now the display where the radio & stuff is wouldn't display anything, it worked, but didn't display any thing, parked car and next time i got in it all was good.....i think it's haunted?....lmao!...please excuse my grammar & spelling, fingers type faster then my brian! :(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
You may have a different issue, I was just pointing out a characteristic of these electronically controlled transmissions that has been around since Chrysler started using them in 1989.

It isn't a cold weather package, they all have the same programming. People in warmer climates would never experience it. It is all about emissions and fuel economy standards. The faster they can get the powertrain up to operating temperature, the quicker the cats start operating and the quicker the fuel economy improves. People that live in Canada like me are quite familiar with this operation. My 2015 Chrysler 200C with 3.6L and 9spd trans does the same thing on a cold morning. It even has radiator shutters for quicker warm-up and improved aero which helps fuel economy. There is a lot more to meeting the standards than just smaller engines and multi-speed transmissions. The manufacturers have to build cars that fit in a box determined by the standards for safety, emissions and fuel economy and it isn't easy to do while still making cars that will get the buyers excited.

Sorry guys, I kind of got into instructor mode there, lol. I was a Chrysler Service Trainer for 14 years before I retired. Old habits die hard.

I only mention I have the Cold Weather Group package because it comes with the block heater. I figure if its in my garage and the block heater is plugged in, it should not exhibit those symptoms. If it continues regardless then it *may* be an issue.
By the way, I'm in forest glade!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
463 Posts
I only mention I have the Cold Weather Group package because it comes with the block heater. I figure if its in my garage and the block heater is plugged in, it should not exhibit those symptoms. If it continues regardless then it *may* be an issue.
By the way, I'm in forest glade!:thumbsup:
Awesome, another guy from Windsor. I am in Devonshire Heights, I will have to watch for your car when I am driving around town. I wish I had mine, last I heard was it was waiting for final inspection and that was last Monday. I like my 200C, but I have wanted a Challenger ever since I first saw one in late 69. I am finally in a position to get one. I just hope I am not too old to enjoy it (74) lol.

So if you see an old white haired guy in a B5 Blue R/T, give me a wave.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Awesome, another guy from Windsor. I am in Devonshire Heights, I will have to watch for your car when I am driving around town. I wish I had mine, last I heard was it was waiting for final inspection and that was last Monday. I like my 200C, but I have wanted a Challenger ever since I first saw one in late 69. I am finally in a position to get one. I just hope I am not too old to enjoy it (74) lol.

So if you see an old white hared guy in a B5 Blue R/T, give me a wave.

Awesome!

Waving won't be an issue cause I'm one of those guys who gives the 2 fingered peace sign to every Challenger I pass...:werd:

Some look at me kinda funny but some get it and smile and wave back.

Beautiful color choice on the RT and congrats!

PS: " I just hope I am not too old to enjoy it (74) lol" - If you find that's happening, I can help....lol (44)

Test,

·
Registered
2016 R/T
99 Posts
ok, u got me thinking!....today 70 degrees at 3:30 pm,....it did it after every start, it's ok after warm up, left work at 5:00 pm, check trans temp....96 degrees is what the car says, waited 2 minutes, trans temp says 106 degrees, it did it, after 3 complete stops, it's ok works like silk when shifting up & down....again, I giving it a chance to relearn.....how come i get stuck with the dumb kids!...lmao! :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
This is why I joined this forum, great feed back. My 2014 RAM 3.6/8speed is in shop now for the "forth time" because of 1-2/2-3 shift RPM flare up. Go thur shift cycle 4 times, shifting problem goes away. At 5K miles the VB was changed along with 12qts of fluid and trans has been re-flashed/re-learned 6 times already. Truck only has 13000 miles on it. I'm going to order a 2016 R/T and was leaning heavily towards the 6 speed manual, all these auto 8 speed problems confirm it now.

·
Registered
513 Posts

As was mentioned, much of the "warm up process" has to do with getting the "cats" up to temperature as quickly as possible - to reduce emissions. That process, although faster at an ambient temp of 70 or 80, still takes time. The engine exhaust has to heat the "cats" to a high temp for them to succesfully process the engine waste gases. Typical times might be in the 3 to 5 minute length.

Attachments

·
Registered
Scat Pack
20 Posts
About 2 months ago during the summer, I had been cruising around in my '15 RT Scat Pack (automatic). I was sitting at a light on a slight incline, when the light turned green I hit the gas but the transmission completely slipped first gear. I sat there at the light, unintentionally revving the crap out of it. I let the revs die down, shifted between neutral and drive, then it picked back up, but it was still slipping very bad, like 4000 RPM at 11mph. I pulled into a shopping center, restarted the car and I haven't had the problem since. Very strange.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I just came from the new car break-in thread and just have to ask out of curiosity now. Did you guys follow the factory recommended break-in procedure to the letter or cheat a little? Just askin'

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
I followed mine but really the first 100 miles is the most critical but even if you drive it wide open, it will probably be ok. It's more a testimony to the quality of the product than any specific break in or lack thereof. I just like to stay in the city for the first 100 miles and let the car cool down a lot as all the parts and especially the rear axle need to wear in together and no sense letting them get too hot by pushing it hard on a high speed highway run right out of the box.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

21 - 40 of 61 Posts