Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else stoked about it? I can't hold my anxiety.

Looking forward to the release...I think Dodge.com will have it on the website on Thrusday at 11am EST (press day at the NY auto show).

Are there any leaked pics without the covers?

:)

ER.

·
Registered
13,539 Posts
Bunch of new stuff and models coming for next year, 2015 should be a great year for Challenger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Dodge Challenger - Features and options
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

**** MAY CONTAIN PRELIMINARY AND SPECULATIVE INFORMATION - SUBJECT TO CHANGE ****

Exclusive information for ChallengerTalk.com
Compiled by ResumeSpeed
Last updated: April 9, 2014

World Premiere (Challenger SXT, R/T and Scat Pack): Thursday April 17, 2014, 11:30am EDT - NY Auto Show (press preview)
World Premiere (Challenger SXT, R/T and Scat Pack): Friday April 18, 2014 - NY Auto Show (public)
World Premiere (Challenger SRT and Hellcat): (TBA)

2015 order banks open: ~June 9, 2014

Last day of production for 2014 Challenger SRT: May 30, 2014
Last day of production for 2014 Challenger SXT and R/T: July 4, 2014

2015 production launch: July 21, 2014
2015 production launch (Hellcat): TBD

2015 sales Launch: September 1, 2014

------------------------------------------

2015 Models:

SXT 3.6L
SXT PLUS 3.6L
R/T 5.7L
R/T Shaker 5.7L
R/T PLUS 5.7L*
R/T PLUS Shaker 5.7L
R/T Scat Pack 6.4L
R/T Scat Pack Shaker 392
SRT Premium 6.4L
SRT "Hellcat" 6.2L

(*will have R/T Classic Package option)

2015 Engines/transmissions:

3.6L Pentastar V6 (SXT, SXT PLUS, 8-speed 845RE automatic trans) (305hp/268tq)

5.7L Hemi MDS (all R/T models, 8-speed 8HP70 automatic trans) (372hp/400tq)
5.7L Hemi (all R/T models, 6-speed TREMEC TR-6060 manual trans) (375hp/410 tq)

6.4L Hemi MDS (Scat Pack, 8-speed 8HP70 automatic trans) (485hp/475tq)
6.4L Hemi w/o MDS (Scat Pack, 6-speed TREMEC TR-6060 manual trans) (485hp/475 tq)

6.4L Hemi MDS (SRT, 8-speed 8HP70 automatic trans)
6.4L Hemi w/o MDS (SRT, 6-speed TREMEC TR-6060 manual trans)

6.2L Hemi Supercharged (SRT, "Hellcat", 8-speed 8HP-90 automatic trans)
6.2L Hemi Supercharged (SRT, "Hellcat", 6-speed TREMEC TR-6060 manual trans)

2015 Exterior Colors: (confirmed colors for SRT and Hellcat not yet available)

B5 Blue
Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Bright White Clear Coat
Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl
Jazz Blue Pearl Coat
Phantom Black Tri-Coat Pearl
Pitch Black Clear Coat
Redline Red
Sublime Metallic Clear Coat
TorRed Clear Coat

2015 What's New: (some features may be optional and available only on selected models)

New: "LA" series, major refresh
New: All-new interior
New: All-new electrical architecture system
New: 6.2L Supercharged engine (SRT Hellcat)
New: 8-spd transmissions (all models)
New: Adaptive Cruise Control
New: Ambient lighting on door trim panels (SRT, Hellcat)
New: Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
New: Brembo 6-piston front brakes (Hellcat)
New: Competition suspension (Hellcat)
New: Customizable color TFT instrument cluster display
New: Dual zone climate control
New: "ecall" - one-touch 911 access, Roadside Assistance Services & crash notification
New: Fascias, refreshed front and rear
New: Forward Collision Warning
New: Halo headlamps
New: HD Radio (RA4 radios only)
New: Illuminated cupholders (front)
New: LED split taillamps
New: LED daytime running lamps
New: ParkView rear backup camera (built-in to spoiler)
New: Performance Pages screens, advanced (SRT and special model only)
New: Quad exhaust tips (Hellcat only)
New: Radios, new 2nd generation 8.4" (models RA2, RA3, RA4)
New: Red brake calipers (Hellcat)
New: Remote lock/unlock doors, start vehicle, flash lights from any distance via the web or a smartphone app
New: Selectable drive modes (special model, SRT and Hellcat)
New: Shark fin antenna (satellite radio)
New: Speedometer, 200mph (Hellcat)
New: Steering wheel, power tilt/telescoping
New: Uconnect radio platform, 3rd generation, w/voice recognition technology for handsfree mobile phone, music, texting and navigation operation
New: Ventilated front seats
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Hell yeah I'm excited! But I'm so close to paying off my 2010....and then they go and bring out the new models. I'm torn between keeping my 2010 R/T or trading up.

If I do, it will definitely be another R/T 5.7, auto or manual not sure yet. I hope they fix the wheel hop with the manual and/or give the 8 speed automatic a proper shifter and not some weird electronic turn-knob. Those things will be important to me. I'd also wait a little while before buying one. Let them come down in price a bit, see what people think of them and make sure there are programmers available.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah......B5 Blue!!!
Doesn't look like the R/T gets any of the performance upgrades, too bad.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Based on the list of 2015 Challenger highlights, I personally don't see it as a "must-have" for anyone who is currently satisfied with their existing Challenger. If, however you MUST have a Hellcat, or you're ready for a new Challenger, due to the age/mileage you've "piled" on yours to date, you are very likely a candidate for a 2015.

One new feature did catch my eye, however; the rear camera. Am wondering if a "kit" from Mopar, or "pieces parts" from Dodge, might provide a path to retrofit this OEM option on pre-2015 models. Time will tell.

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Make mine a sublime shaker 6.4L R/T.

WAIT FOR THE DISCOUNT!

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
I'm far from impressed. Most of those options should have been standard since 2008. Especially the blind spot detection. American car manufacturers continue to keep their heads up their asses, I guess that's where they feel most comfortable. The Challenger is a great car, and would be amazing if they gave a f--k.
Remember Chrysler was getting out of bankruptcy and the Challenger was selling decently. The rest of the lineup sales were in the dog house so they began focusing on those products.. AND... if you believe the postBankruptcy business plan it showed the Challenger up till 2014 and then another car after that. So, was the failed Barracuda product that never got past senior Mgt approval the Challenger replacement and now they decide to keep the Challenger so this is what we will get... an updated Challenger?

I think the interior will be very nice... a needed upgrade to it. As Sergio said the Challenger is the oldest gen product in the entire Chrysler lineup.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
It looks like I better start thinking about selling my 2014. :)

Justin

·
Registered
253 Posts
One new feature did catch my eye, however; the rear camera. Am wondering if a "kit" from Mopar, or "pieces parts" from Dodge, might provide a path to retrofit this OEM option on pre-2015 models. Time will tell.
Pure speculation on my part but if "New: All-new electrical architecture system" means the challenger moves to the high speed bus or some next gen archtecture, retrofitting '15 gadgets probably isn't going to happen.

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
I'd be most interested in the blind spot detection and rear camera after driving a challenger. The blind spots are the worst I've ever experienced in a car. It's something I'd sacrifice though because the Challenger's retro look and feel is way better than the current Mustang or Camaro.
"The blind spots are the worst I've ever experienced in a car". You must not have ever driven the new Camaro! downright scary blind spots. It's like you are looking out a WWII bunker.

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
The 2014 Challenger 1 Year Lease deal is a big story, too:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/challenger-charger-1-yr-lease-194154/

Afraid to lease the 2014 model year of something knowing that you'll be stuck with it for a few years right as the new 2015 model comes out? Dodge has a solution.
As Automotive News reports, Dodge is going to show off the refreshed 2015 Challenger and 2015 Charger this week at the New York Auto Show, but they're not going to be in showrooms immediately. Details here.
If you're one of those people who has to have the newest car, or you just want to lock in a good rate, here's how it works:
When their 12-month lease is up these eligible customers who follow program rules are guaranteed the same lease payment on a 36-month lease, with no additional down payment, on select all-new 2015 Charger or Challenger models. Customers may lease any 2015 Charger (excluding Charger SE and Charger SRT) and any 2015 Challenger (excluding Challenger SRT). If customers choose to purchase the 2015 model, they will receive $1,000 bonus cash toward the purchase of the vehicle.

Dodge's New One-Year Lease Means You'll Never Have An Old Car

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
I'm far from impressed. Most of those options should have been standard since 2008. Especially the blind spot detection. American car manufacturers continue to keep their heads up their asses, I guess that's where they feel most comfortable. The Challenger is a great car, and would be amazing if they gave a f--k.
At the time the development was underway with the Challenger (2006/2007), they were using the existing LX architecture/hardware for the model year '08 launch.

By '09, the LX/LD models were going into a re-fresh for the upcoming '11 models (different electrical architecture, 8.4" radios, IP clusters)...with the bankruptcy, it probably sidelined some of the updates to a recently released model ('08).
The LX models had been pretty much the same from '05-'10, so they were due for some refreshing to keep those more current.

For '11 the suspension revisions went into place that the LX/LD cars received and some minor facia restyling. Chrysler had to address issues with reorganizing the company and dealing with the other models lines (200/Avenger) that needed attention to keep the sales flowing in.

Now for the '15 updates, all three large RWD platforms are moving towards changes all at the same time, except the Challenger body shell remains similar to what it has been, except for front / rear facia restyling and the interior restyling.
Once the electrical architecture moved to the current design, the Challenger could get the other updates and share components across the other models.

Very expensive to make extensive changes year over year, more so on a model that is outsold by 3x - 4x over by the other RWD car lines.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I'm concerned I will get swept up in the Hellcat vortex and trade my '13 Core for one. It doesn't help that me brother can get me the Chrysler employee price. What I'd really like to see is a Hellcat 'Core' model. That would be pretty irresistible.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have, yup they're almost just as terrible! Only thing that makes the Camaro a little easier is its smaller size. I just don't understand why they would engineer a car with blind spots like that in a late model car of any type..
I honestly don't find them that bad! Maybe I'm just used to it.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
38 Participants
runner2go
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing