Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
I have a 2015 challenger srt in all bright white.
it says it is a mongoose edition under the hood.
500 hp on the valve covers.
it has way more then 500 hp . I had him partially dinoed by Coy Miller in harrisonburg , va. and he did 558.8 at the flywheel. that was around 4000 rpm not its 6000 rpm total.
so what I want to know is what is my mongoose ed. challenger???
how can I find out what was done to him to make him a mongoose?
the fuse box under the hood says this. but this dealership was sold and no one knows anything. can you help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know they made a small number of mongoose editions in 2013 that were all bright white but mine is different.
2015 bought him used

·
Registered
376 Posts
From what I've found while searching online.

"American Mongoose Edition: Only 45 produced. The American Mongoose Edition is a tribute vehicle to honor legendary drag racer Tom "Mongoose" McEwen's 45 year career in drag racing. These Dodge Challengers are R/T Classics with performance upgrades; Power Slot Drilled Rotors, MOPAR Performance Stage 1 Coil Over Kit, MOPAR Performance Strut Tower Brace, Ported High Velocity Throttle Body, Custom Race Tuned Automatic TCM and the MOPAR Track Pak Exhaust system. All 45 came in bright white with blue SRT hockey stick stripes and a red accent stripe.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Get the VIN decoded.

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
I agree see what the VIN# says. I suspect it will be a "normal" car, and this Mongoose Edition was something Brown CDJ in Charlottsville, Virginia did in house. There was no official Dodge Challenger Mongoose Edition manufactured in 2015, so it didn't come off the line like that

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
Ruby red interior? https://www.challengertalk.com/threads/2015-srt.538345/#post-7093393

"SRT 392 / Bright White / Nicknamed - MONGOOSE " "That might very well be the case. My SRT was built on June 12th. " "In the photo below, you'll see 'Mary's Mongoose'. I can't tell you how many times I had to tell this story at car shows, lol. And if you look closely at the fuse box, you can also make out a factory decal that states 'Mongoose Edition'. "

Does it say Mary's Mongoose on the radiator support? Looks like you got Max57 's car, he doesn't mention any 500HP/Engine mods though, so perhaps done after he sold it

A Guy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you stitches1974. that info is on the 2013 mongoose only.
I have had my VIN checked by my local dodge and it has basic srt options no upgrades .
a Dodge manager in Sterling VA. said this package would have been done by the dealership in Charlottsville VA. and sent back to them but there is no one left there to ask.
I love, love my car. I love that he is faster then an average SRT but it would be nice to know why he is faster and what was done to him

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I've found while searching online.

"American Mongoose Edition: Only 45 produced. The American Mongoose Edition is a tribute vehicle to honor legendary drag racer Tom "Mongoose" McEwen's 45 year career in drag racing. These Dodge Challengers are R/T Classics with performance upgrades; Power Slot Drilled Rotors, MOPAR Performance Stage 1 Coil Over Kit, MOPAR Performance Strut Tower Brace, Ported High Velocity Throttle Body, Custom Race Tuned Automatic TCM and the MOPAR Track Pak Exhaust system. All 45 came in bright white with blue SRT hockey stick stripes and a red accent stripe.
Ruby red interior? https://www.challengertalk.com/threads/2015-srt.538345/#post-7093393

"SRT 392 / Bright White / Nicknamed - MONGOOSE " "That might very well be the case. My SRT was built on June 12th. " "In the photo below, you'll see 'Mary's Mongoose'. I can't tell you how many times I had to tell this story at car shows, lol. And if you look closely at the fuse box, you can also make out a factory decal that states 'Mongoose Edition'. "

Does it say Mary's Mongoose on the radiator support? Looks like you got Max57 's car, he doesn't mention any 500HP/Engine mods though, so perhaps done after he sold it

A Guy
hi,
I dont see any names on my radiator support.
my car had 1 owner before me and I have had this car for 2 1/2 years now.
I bought it in Staunton VA.
I dont see the pictures???

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts

Must have removed the name, it's same car

A Guy

·
Registered
7 Posts

oh and my car has the stereo system in the trunk under the mat not a spare???
View attachment 978359

Must have removed the name, it's same car

A Guy
its nice to find who might have owned my car first. maybe he still has the front floor mats but I would still like to know what makes it a mongoose ed.
😊

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
its nice to find who might have owned my car first. maybe he still has the front floor mats but I would still like to know what makes it a mongoose ed.
😊
It's just what he named it, it's not some special edition

A Guy

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Your dyno references are very questionable, and I'm curious to see if you have taken him to the track to actually prove he is faster than the rest? What times and trap speeds if you have slips???

Car looks great and even at 485 horsepower offers a thrilling driving experience I'm sure! :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
I seriously doubt those numbers. I mean 74 horsepower over stock? Not without some serious head work and an aggressive cam not to mention longtubes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I seriously doubt those numbers. I mean 74 horsepower over stock? Not without some serious head work and an aggressive cam not to mention longtubes.
Hi, Jazz,
you can watch the the dyno on coy millers facebook here in harrisonburg, va. I have just visited with the original owner and he said he didnt order anything different but they made him a mongoose edition none the less. we dont know what might have been done to it before delivery. this is all I know

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
It's a nice car, but it isn't a Mongoose Edition beyond whoever added the sticker on top of the fusebox cover ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
477 Posts
Dude, there is nothing special about your car especially the motor. Just another car with fake stickers. Enjoy the car for what it is, a stock 392 like all the rest.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hi, Jazz,
you can watch the the dyno on coy millers facebook here in harrisonburg, va. I have just visited with the original owner and he said he didnt order anything different but they made him a mongoose edition none the less. we dont know what might have been done to it before delivery. this is all I know
There's no sheet, and that's not an engine dyno.

(It's just badging)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
7 Participants
landoawd
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing