Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
What kind of machine work would be need to start assembling a 426 stroker out of this?

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of machine work would be need to start assembling a 426 stroker out of this?
same as any stroker build, possibly bore, notching for clearance etc, however for the money, stronger block, additional webbing, better material and cooling passages
Luke

·
Registered
178 Posts
So this would be ready to assemble with a stock 392 assembly with drop-ins? Does it come with main caps and Cam bearings?

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this would be ready to assemble with a stock 392 assembly with drop-ins? Does it come with main caps and Cam bearings?
no, not the same as a 392, does have cam bearings, depending on pistons and rotating assembly may require machining, if your looking for an assembly would recommend short block.....

SHORT BLOCK | Genuine Mopar | 68262362AA

Luke

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just wondering if I could build a stronger 392 with a hellcat block, stock 392 crank, and drop in forged pistons and rods. It will accept the apache heads and 392 timing cover correct?

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wondering if I could build a stronger 392 with a hellcat block, stock 392 crank, and drop in forged pistons and rods. It will accept the apache heads and 392 timing cover correct?
bare block is the way to go if building a stroker, however if looking for a solid short block, with great internals, the short block is the way to go
Luke

·
Registered
96 Posts
What all is included? I am assuming cam bearings, main caps, what abut the oil squirters? Is the bore a finished bore? Are the lifters finished bored/honed? I guess what I am asking is if the block is ready to assemble upon unpackaging (minus cleaning before assembly).

·
Vendor
11,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What all is included? I am assuming cam bearings, main caps, what abut the oil squirters? Is the bore a finished bore? Are the lifters finished bored/honed? I guess what I am asking is if the block is ready to assemble upon unpackaging (minus cleaning before assembly).
in theory ready to assemble, however i would never assemble anything without all the right measurements and fitment verification
includes caps, cam bearings, but not much else

short block see the following link

Short Block | Genuine Mopar | 68262362AA

for our 6.2/6.4 conversion

11-16 Charger Challenger 6.4L to 6.2L Hellcat Short Block Engine Conversion Kit: Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Original Parts - SteveWhiteParts.com

also have 6.1L bare blocks in stock

New Challenger Charger Grand Cherokee 300 6.1L Hemi Bare Block Engine Mopar OEM: Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Original Parts - SteveWhiteParts.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
3 Participants
stevewhiteparts
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing