Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the stock square exhaust tips with dual round ones. Any suggestions/experience? I know Magnaflow and Solo offer catbacks with them, but I already have a FM catback I'm pleased with that uses the stock tips - I'm just looking to replace the square tips with dual round ones.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looking to replace the stock square exhaust tips with dual round ones. Any suggestions/experience? I know Magnaflow and Solo offer catbacks with them, but I already have a FM catback I'm pleased with that uses the stock tips - I'm just looking to replace the square tips with dual round ones.
The Flowmasters Rainycoffee referenced are the ones I used. The resonators will need to be removed though.
Rear View.jpg Close Up.jpg Side View.jpg

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Can resonators be moved back to make space or do they have to be removed completely to make space?
I don't think so. Right behind the reso the pipe takes a downward bend then curves to the center. It looks there is enough room to push it farther back, but then the pipe would have to take a pretty serious bend to get around the body.
IMG_4601.JPG IMG_4602.JPG

·
Registered
153 Posts
@CaliforniaShaker - did you powercoat your tips black? Those look great! I've been looking into these as well, but probably in black,
Thanks. Yes I did get them powder coated. Couldn't find anything in black and the polished stainless is a little bright for a pitch black car:). Just had to be sure and have them mask off the exhaust pipe end so they could be welded.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,714 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
About $50 on E-bay...& the drone disappeared ? why but very glad...now has Flowmaster Flow-FX 2-1/2" cat-back, had 2-1/4" FM S-10's, but they sounded hollow...got blue to match the car. Good Luck & Merry Christmas!
DSCN3669.JPG
DSCN3671.JPG

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
198 Posts
I found this set on eBay last evening, and went ahead and purchased them. They appear to have good reviews. They're 4" round with the 3" inlet that should go over my Solo Mach Shorty exhaust without issue. Hopefully 4"s don't look too huge.
Gloss Back Round Tips

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
exhaust2.jpg exhaust.jpg

I wanted to do this, but I can't find similar tips in a larger size. These are clearly made only for smaller cars.

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
I went with the Hurst Quads, I really like them!

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
198 Posts
Here are some pics of my eBay tips. One had a small paint chip on it that they’re sending a replacement for. It’ll be interesting to see how these things hold up. Guessing I may need to have some black touch up paint at the ready.

Hope to install these late next week.

60536DF6-B575-4B63-818F-140C85711FEA.jpeg 4A99F6F8-7515-4274-A776-53DA814758A3.jpeg

1 - 20 of 63 Posts