Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
...one of the reasons I went with the polished Stainless/burnt Blue. The underside of the tips take a beating from gravel & road crap. (Hopefully not) but I'd guess the powder coating is going to chip a lot. Good luck

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Amazon, but they're too small. What you're seeing is my amateur photoshop job to see how it would look installed.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
198 Posts
Got the tips welded on yesterday. Here are a few pics -again installed on to the 3” Solo Mach Shorty exhaust. Apologize for the dirt - non stop rain here lately. Ordered a black CA license plate as white appears out of place now:)

19F02D09-B0FC-4D93-985B-F0E8B095792B.jpeg
0BF27410-48DD-4129-BF58-969D369762EB.jpeg
F94B8564-AC60-48A1-81E4-316EC07A8D15.jpeg
3398A1CF-1E75-4796-AB69-0B35F3B55B4C.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,714 Posts
Got the tips welded on yesterday. Here are a few pics -again installed on to the 3” Solo Mach Shorty exhaust. Apologize for the dirt - non stop rain here lately. Ordered a black CA license plate as white appears out of place now:)
As much as I love my, and your Challenger...my eyes are still drawn to the Trans Am, lol

A Guy

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
198 Posts
LOL thanks guys! Yeah that reminds me I need to get the Trans Am out for some exercise. Been difficult of late with the weather.

Back on the tips subject I was a little nervous about this mod (the black color and the 4” size specifically) but I’m really happy with it.

Since it’s Xmas Eve here’s a Xmas pic of the Trans Am. Merry Xmas!

26548B46-66A1-4453-A6A0-BA33466671F6.jpeg

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
2017 challenger scat pack jazz blue Hellcat air box, brakes , and wheels Trackhawk exhaust tips
13 Posts
Looking to replace the stock square exhaust tips with dual round ones. Any suggestions/experience? I know Magnaflow and Solo offer catbacks with them, but I already have a FM catback I'm pleased with that uses the stock tips - I'm just looking to replace the square tips with dual round ones.
Jeep trackhawk makes a direct bolt on quad tips no welding and easy to install part# 6830689ab and 6830690ab

·
Registered
2017 challenger scat pack jazz blue Hellcat air box, brakes , and wheels Trackhawk exhaust tips
13 Posts
Do you have pics from under the tips that connects to the exhaust cause if they truly just bolt on I’ll be snagging myself some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is completely bolt on there is a factory clamp on your stock tips that connects to your resonator. Remove clamp and factory tips put on new tips and reinstall the clap back to the resonator but there not cheap 150 to 200 per side depending on were you get them. I got mine direct from my local dodge dealership. It’s my favorite mod so far and the quality of the oem Jeep trackhawk tips is on par with borla or Corsica that are similar in price but won’t fit without a resonator delete.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
It is completely bolt on there is a factory clamp on your stock tips that connects to your resonator. Remove clamp and factory tips put on new tips and reinstall the clap back to the resonator but there not cheap 150 to 200 per side depending on were you get them. I got mine direct from my local dodge dealership. It’s my favorite mod so far and the quality of the oem Jeep trackhawk tips is on par with borla or Corsica that are similar in price but won’t fit without a resonator delete.
Do you have a photo from the side to see how much their stick out?

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Stars & Stripes Scatpack
188 Posts
I just installed the trailhawk tips as well. Very satisfied with the result plus completely bolt on.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
443 Posts
Trackhawk tips.
Seen those but i aint spending $400 just for tips. Also dont think they will fit on my 5.7 exhaust. Think they are for the bigger pipes of the SRT. Would love to get bolt ons though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah, it does change the sound...I went from factory to 2-1/4" IN to 2-1/4" IN dual 2-1-2" Out, for less than $60, off eBay & not only did the DRONE go away it sounded & looked better & even more so when i changed from 2-1/4" FlowMaster S-10s to FLOW FX 2-1/2" system

21 - 40 of 63 Posts