Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2017 challenger scat pack jazz blue Hellcat air box, brakes , and wheels Trackhawk exhaust tips
21 Posts
Yeah, it does change the sound...I went from factory to 2-1/4" IN to 2-1/4" IN dual 2-1-2" Out, for less than $60, off eBay & not only did the DRONE go away it sounded & looked better & even more so when i changed from 2-1/4" FlowMaster S-10s to FLOW FX 2-1/2" system
I have the trackhawk tips and I didn’t notice the difference in sound or reduction in drone. I also have a mid muffler delete. Still lots of drone. I added some dynomax 24250 mini’s put that where my factory muffler was a drone was gone. Very cheap too

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
179 Posts
Been searching for hours for tips. Preferably black chrome , anything that resembles black lol. I'm not opposed to chrome, just think black chrome or something close would look better.
Cheapest I've seen the trackhawks is $152 a piece.
Seen a couple others that would need some trimming and then welded on.
Found some Flowmasters that i think would work but they are chrome.
Anyone know much powder coating is?
Checked at my muffler shop, about $100 to weld on.
So it's like spend $128 for 2 Flowmasters plus tax, possibly powder coat them and then $100 to weld on or spend $330 on the Trackhawks and do it myself with the bolt on.
It's not a huge difference in price, just hate spending that much for tips lol.

Hard to believe there aren't any alternative tips made for these cars.

·
Registered
2017 challenger scat pack jazz blue Hellcat air box, brakes , and wheels Trackhawk exhaust tips
21 Posts
Been searching for hours for tips. Preferably black chrome , anything that resembles black lol. I'm not opposed to chrome, just think black chrome or something close would look better.
Cheapest I've seen the trackhawks is $152 a piece. Seen a couple other that would need some trimming and then welded on. Found some Flowmaster that i think would work but they are chrome.
How much is powder coating?

Checked at my muffler shop, about $100 to weld on.
Keep in mind any tips other then the trackhawk tip will require a resonator delete and resonators are your best defense against drone. I have seen a few shops say they can do a certain tip without the delete but they stick out a ton.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Keep in mind any tips other then the trackhawk tip will require a resonator delete and resonators are your best defense against drone. I have seen a few shops say they can do a certain tip without the delete but they stick out a ton.
There are some that won't need that. There are some short ones I found, they just aren't a dark color. And i can live with that. Just prefer a black chrome,Titanium color or similar.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’d like to see pic of that I searched for a sold month online and talked to my local muffler guys and AZ challenger clubs and anyone who said they found any tips black or chrome that fit without a resonator delete looked terrible once I saw them. One exception was oem mopar square tips but they are chrome and coast as much as a trackhawk tips but are also direct bolt on to the factory resonators.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’d like to see pic of that I searched for a sold month online and talked to my local muffler guys and AZ challenger clubs and anyone who said they found any tips black or chrome that fit without a resonator delete looked terrible once I saw them. One exception was oem mopar square tips but they are chrome and coast as much as a trackhawk tips but are also direct bolt on to the factory resonators.
There are some that won't need that. There are some short ones I found, they just aren't a dark color. And i can live with that. Just prefer a black chrome,Titanium color or similar.
I believe the blacktop style tip work as well but they are the same shape as the factory chrome ones but in black seen them on eBay around 200 and bolt on

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ok so deciding between those Flowmasters and the Trackhawks. I do like the color of the Trackhawks more. Just hope they bolt right on my 5.7 exhaust. Shows they fit the Grand Cheerokee 5.7 so I assume the pipes are the same size.
Also can't find info on those for the outlet size. Anyone who has them know if it is 3" or 3.5"?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
So first gen is square tips and 2nd gen is round. strange. Guess the 2nd gen is it own baby !!

BTW, who does not like a little TA in your life !!!!

ProTA

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
164 Posts
The more I think about this one I’d recommend using those $s for the pricey Trackhawk tips towards a new 3” exhaust system, add the $60 eBay round tips and be done. No need to worry about the resonator issues either.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that the Trackhawks will NOT fit on my 5.7 exhaust from what ive been reading. It says from places ive been to that sell them that it only fits the SRT 6.2 L engines. I assume that one has the bigger exhaust pipes that i have but it is tough to find that actual info.

I can probably have them welded on but if im spending that much, i want them to bolt on.

Im not interested in getting a whole new exhaust system, just tips. I actually think my stock exhaust on my RT is loud enough.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that the Trackhawks will NOT fit on my 5.7 exhaust from what ive been reading. It says from places ive been to that sell them that it only fits the SRT 6.2 L engines. I assume that one has the bigger exhaust pipes that i have but it is tough to find that actual info.

I can probably have them welded on but if im spending that much, i want them to bolt on.

Im not interested in getting a whole new exhaust system, just tips. I actually think my stock exhaust on my RT is loud enough.
What year is your car? Maybe your exhaust size is smaller? I know years 17+ have a 2.75 size which should bolt right on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
What year is your car? Maybe your exhaust size is smaller? I know years 17+ have a 2.75 size which should bolt right on

Mine is a 2018. The RTs from 17+ have a 2.75 exhaust? I was thinking 2.5 but don't really know for sure. All I know is their discription says it fits 6.2 L Jeep engines. Don't know what their exhaust size is.
I just don't want to have to send them back is all.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mine is a 2018. The RTs from 17+ have a 2.75 exhaust? I was thinking 2.5 but don't really know for sure. All I know is their discription says it fits 6.2 L Jeep engines. Don't know what their exhaust size is.
I just don't want to have to send them back is all.
Yes 17+ have the 2.75 due to the active exhaust valves now
So yours should have that size
And the hawks do have 2.75
I was reading a few post on other forums
But this is all from reading so I can’t confirm if it’s true

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes 17+ have the 2.75 due to the active exhaust valves now
So yours should have that size
And the hawks do have 2.75
I was reading a few post on other forums
But this is all from reading so I can’t confirm if it’s true

Did a little more reading and found more info and you are right. Thanks for the reply.

So I ordered them for $141.40 each from Bam Wholesale parts.com.
I was going to get the Flowmasters I posted for $48 each but was going to get them ceramic powder coated and then welded on. Would have been a little more overall to do that than buying these and do it myself with the clamp on's.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Got the Trackhawks today and 30 minutes later, they are on (10 minutes to adjust them being straight). I re-adjusted the one on the left after this pic.
20200319_095040.jpg

41 - 60 of 63 Posts