Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the 71 grille on the new 2015's and I am in love. I have wanted one of these for the past 2 years I have owned this car. I for one think the 71 challenger is the best looking one of them all. I hope that Dodge has some good people working for them that didn't mess with the nose piece so much that they don't fit the older Cars. I would love to put this new grille on my 2010 R/T and get the look exactly where I want it. IF anyone else wants to do the same lets post up here and get Dodge to chime in when they see this.

·
Registered
449 Posts
That's about the only thing that wow'ed me if it will swap and not cost a months wages I'll probably swap

·
Registered
624 Posts
It will be interesting to see the first person that tries this...looking at the pictures it looks like the front end isn't as pointed as the current models...but like others I have too much invested in my ride and will never get what I would want for it on a trade-in...so I hope some of these new parts will be retro fitted as well

Reactions: rghoskins

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I saw the 71 grille on the new 2015's and I am in love. I have wanted one of these for the past 2 years I have owned this car. I for one think the 71 challenger is the best looking one of them all. I hope that Dodge has some good people working for them that didn't mess with the nose piece so much that they don't fit the older Cars. I would love to put this new grille on my 2010 R/T and get the look exactly where I want it. IF anyone else wants to do the same lets post up here and get Dodge to chime in when they see this.

I think you probably need to change out the whole front nose with the new 2015 just to get that retro grill you want. And I'd be willing to bet money that both front and rear fascias are interchangeable between the old and the new, car companies try to make as few changes as possible when it comes to new pieces because it cost them money for re engineering tooling & fabrication. I'd say the actual sheet metal ( mounting points ) of the car other than the hood remains unchanged judging by the pics I've seen of the 2015.
I do like that new rear spoiler with that tiny rear back camera buried dead center in it, maybe I'll change out my 2013 r/t's T/A go - wing spoiler for that one later ?.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: brampton builder

·
Registered
335 Posts
Good God man, won't that interrupt the space time continuum? You messing with dangerous stuff. Just kidding, I'm in the camp you could swap the nose out. Warning, that front end fascia is not cheap, but I would bet it can be done. I actually slightly prefer the 70s styling, but the new stuff (71) is growing on me. I would bet we see some interchange of pieces as time goes by. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good God man, won't that interrupt the space time continuum? You messing with dangerous stuff. Just kidding, I'm in the camp you could swap the nose out. Warning, that front end fascia is not cheap, but I would bet it can be done. I actually slightly prefer the 70s styling, but the new stuff (71) is growing on me. I would bet we see some interchange of pieces as time goes by. Good luck.
Yeah I am changing up the game but I have always loved the 71 way more for the front end. I just hope it doesn't come down to replacing the whole front end since I don't have the money for it and then to get it painted Hemi Orange. I will figure something out just hopefully the grille isn't $600 like an aftermarket one I have been looking at.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
I'm the exact opposite. I want the 2008-2014 front end and hood, but the 2015 rear fascia and taillights. And I won't judge the interior until I see it in person.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Yeah I am changing up the game but I have always loved the 71 way more for the front end. I just hope it doesn't come down to replacing the whole front end since I don't have the money for it and then to get it painted Hemi Orange. I will figure something out just hopefully the grille isn't $600 like an aftermarket one I have been looking at.

I've seen the 2014 on down, just the black grill parts selling for $700.00
New OEM on eBay, not cheap!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
the grill is ok, I like mine fine too but I want those factory LED Halo headlights and a blacked out grill surround for my 2013. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
the grill is ok, I like mine fine too but I want those factory LED Halo headlights and a blacked out grill surround for my 2013. :thumbsup:

Good luck wiring in the 2015's headlight assemblies on an older challenger, i heard they completely changed the harnesses and the way the challenger is wired, you might need to put the halos on its own custom circuit separate from all other lighting.

·
Super Moderator
16,633 Posts
Good luck wiring in the 2015's headlight assemblies on an older challenger, i heard they completely changed the harnesses and the way the challenger is wired, you might need to put the halos on its own custom circuit separate from all other lighting.

Yes - that is going to be "the challenge". Different electrical system and probably a lot of changes to the TIPM / programming.

The trim will be the easy part - getting the electrical stuff...whole 'nother matter.

Reactions: RWL11
1 - 16 of 16 Posts