Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me just start by saying I can't imagine why a dealership would offer incentives on a new car, especially one with so much interest already. I have however seen a few posts from people get in writing from the dealer that they (the buyer) will receive all current incentives at time of delivery. My question to anyone in the know is should I push for that in my negotiation with the dealership? I feel like the invoice pricing plus my affiliate discount seems reasonable enough and both sides get what they want. I brought it up via email with my guy at the dealership and he's looking into it, but if he comes back with a "no" to that, do I just say "No big deal, just asking?" or do I go elsewhere?

·
Premium Member
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Let me just start by saying I can't imagine why a dealership would offer incentives on a new car, especially one with so much interest already. I have however seen a few posts from people get in writing from the dealer that they (the buyer) will receive all current incentives at time of delivery. My question to anyone in the know is should I push for that in my negotiation with the dealership? I feel like the invoice pricing plus my affiliate discount seems reasonable enough and both sides get what they want. I brought it up via email with my guy at the dealership and he's looking into it, but if he comes back with a "no" to that, do I just say "No big deal, just asking?" or do I go elsewhere?
The dealership doesn't set the incentives that is done by Chrysler, with you getting at invoice pricing and you affiliate discount many times those can't be combined with incentives it just depends how they can be applied and usually you need to go through Chrysler Financial. Best of lick with your upcoming purchase.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank for the info, 70TA-09RT
I'm just trying to get arm myself with as much info as I can.

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
They have that in writing but if there are no incentives, they get nothing. They will find that out shortly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure. I figured I would just file this under "choose your battles" anyway. I was just wondering about it since I've never ordered a car like this before.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Usually they use incentives to dump cars they can't get off their lots, or to boost sales when they're hurting. Hence why they were offering $3K off the '14s when I bought mine (one of the reasons I did so).

With the '15 MY cars not even hitting lots yet, I doubt there will be incentives for a while, at least. But you sure will be able to find a hell of a steal on a leftover 2014...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts