Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Diode Dynamics have the LEDs for a 2015 Challenger? If so, can you link me to your cart? I'm ready to replace all interior lighting (dome, sun visor, door step, trunk) and possibly even the license plate one. Also any ETA on stock for LED Fog? I see them on your site but you're out of stock

·
Supporting Vendors
1,324 Posts
We are in the process of updating our site to include more 2014-2015+ Model listings so that should be available soon

The 2015 uses an H11 bulb size for the fog lights

If you have any questions about sizes, feel free to email us: [email protected]

We can provide more detailed information for you

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I noticed some additional 2015 interior products today on your site. Including the glove box LED as well as a Door light LED.
I plan on ordering those today.
But Im still looking for Foot well LEDs and the back seat overhead lights. Do any of these LEDs work with those areas as well?

Thanks!

·
Supporting Vendors
1,324 Posts
The footwell and rear overhead lighting on the 2015's+ is factory LED

Unfortunately it's not a simple replacement bulb option. You'd have to take them apart and solder new LEDs on

Nick C.

·
Registered
828 Posts
The footwell and rear overhead lighting on the 2015's+ is factory LED

Unfortunately it's not a simple replacement bulb option. You'd have to take them apart and solder new LEDs on

Nick C.
I see... damn!! Those are a slightly different color than my new map lights, kinda throws me off a little but what can you do, right!

Well thanks for the very prompt response as usual Nick.

·
Supporting Vendors
1,324 Posts
I see... damn!! Those are a slightly different color than my new map lights, kinda throws me off a little but what can you do, right!

Yeah, it is a bit unfortunate, but the map lights look good when swapped out

With such a massive trunk, it helps to have a nice light source:

Nick C.

·
Registered
208 Posts
For anyone that is using these, particularly for the map lights, either on a 2015 or earlier, are you using the cool white or the warm white bulbs, and are you using the SMF2, SMF4 or SMF Board and which do you all recommend and why?

I recently installed some LED's I got from Amazon. They look nice and all. But they are very cool white. And like the poster above said, they do not match at all with the stock footwell lighting. The kit I had also came with the vanity lights, and those are very cool as well. And I am not sure what the warm white would look like for those and if it would be better. Seems like at night the cool white LED's for the vanity lights is blinding and it is hard to see yourself...
Thinking of ordering another kit from DD here, including the glove box and door lights in addition to the map lights and vanity lights, but trying to figure out the best one's to get first...

·
Supporting Vendors
1,324 Posts
The warm white would be a very close match to those factory LEDs on the interior, but I personally prefer cool white.

The map lights provide much more output than the other locations, so cool white doesn't look too out of place

It really comes down to personal preferences, that's why we offer both warm and cool white

Nick C.

·
Registered
828 Posts
For anyone that is using these, particularly for the map lights, either on a 2015 or earlier, are you using the cool white or the warm white bulbs, and are you using the SMF2, SMF4 or SMF Board and which do you all recommend and why?

I recently installed some LED's I got from Amazon. They look nice and all. But they are very cool white. And like the poster above said, they do not match at all with the stock footwell lighting. The kit I had also came with the vanity lights, and those are very cool as well. And I am not sure what the warm white would look like for those and if it would be better. Seems like at night the cool white LED's for the vanity lights is blinding and it is hard to see yourself...
Thinking of ordering another kit from DD here, including the glove box and door lights in addition to the map lights and vanity lights, but trying to figure out the best one's to get first...
I bought something similar from someone on eBay and I noticed the same things you mention mde. Thats what led me to DD when I found that they had the 2015 interior stuff available. Im not totally sure what lumen rating or color tone the ones I got from eBay are, but I agree with you on the vanity lights. Although my wife seems to love them.

Im pretty sure Im ordering the cool whites SMF4s for my map lights and then maybe a step down in lumens for the others. Although I love the flex band trunk light, Im always in and out of my trunk so that would be very sweet to have.

Reactions: mde8965

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply iMerlin. If I order another kit from DD, I will probably order the SMF4 maps in cool white. Otherwise with the warm white bulbs, they will probably pretty much look like the stock bulbs. Since I already have cool white looking vanities though, I might order warm white on those and see what it looks like... Probably go with the SMD2 cool white for the glove box and HP5's in cool white for the doors since they seem to need the most help.

I am curious about the Flexlight thing for the trunk. But I did not see where that is on DD's website. I guess I will have to look for it. I am assuming that is not vehicle specific?

·
Supporting Vendors
1,324 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply iMerlin. If I order another kit from DD, I will probably order the SMF4 maps in cool white. Otherwise with the warm white bulbs, they will probably pretty much look like the stock bulbs. Since I already have cool white looking vanities though, I might order warm white on those and see what it looks like... Probably go with the SMD2 cool white for the glove box and HP3's in cool white for the doors.

I am curious about the Flexlight thing for the trunk. But I did not see where that is on DD's website. I guess I will have to look for it. I am assuming that is not vehicle specific?
It's a universal product that will come with adapters for both festoon and 194-style sockets, but you won't be able to re-install the plastic lens. (Not a big deal in the trunk IMO).

Here's a link to it: FlexLight LED Strip - LED Boards - LED Bulbs - All Products

It's the brightest option for the trunk, here's a shot of the output:

Nick C.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey Nick. Thanks for the link to that. That's a really cool product. Love the fact that it looks easy to install and to remove and is universal.

My order will be coming in about two weeks...

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts

You can buy an LED strip and splice in place of the OEM LED footwell light; that's at least an alternative.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Decided to place my order today.
SMF4 map light bulbs (cool white)
HP3 Glove Box bulb (cool white)
HP5 Door light bulbs (cool white)
Flexlight kit for the trunk (cool white)

Once I get these installed I will post pictures before and after (on all by the map lights) and my impressions. It will be at lease a week, maybe two before I can get them installed though.

·
Supporting Vendors
1,324 Posts
Decided to place my order today.
SMF4 map light bulbs (cool white)
HP3 Glove Box bulb (cool white)
HP5 Door light bulbs (cool white)
Flexlight kit for the trunk (cool white)

Once I get these installed I will post pictures before and after (on all by the map lights) and my impressions. It will be at lease a week, maybe two before I can get them installed though.
Keep us posted

If you decide to swap to warm white, I'd be happy to assist you with the exchange

Nick C.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Keep us posted

If you decide to swap to warm white, I'd be happy to assist you with the exchange

Nick C.
Got my kit installed today. It looks great. Did not get a chance to do before and after pics because I broke my phone's camera.

Ran into an issue installing the puddle light bulbs though. How in the heck do you get the plastic lens out of the door to install the bulbs? On one door a pulled really hard until it popped out, but apparently this was not right as it bent the plastic housing or something because now after I put the thing back in it is really loose now. The whole housing that is. The bulb works great. Not doing the other door until I know how to do it without screwing it up. Is there a how to or a video hanging around? Thanks...

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Got my kit installed today. It looks great. Did not get a chance to do before and after pics because I broke my phone's camera.

Ran into an issue installing the puddle light bulbs though. How in the heck do you get the plastic lens out of the door to install the bulbs? On one door a pulled really hard until it popped out, but apparently this was not right as it bent the plastic housing or something because now after I put the thing back in it is really loose now. The whole housing that is. The bulb works great. Not doing the other door until I know how to do it without screwing it up. Is there a how to or a video hanging around? Thanks...
Sorry I have to laugh. I have the same problem. Drivers door I played with it a bit. Finally got it out, using a small flat screwdriver coming in from the back. ( short side). Blade was pushing in part of the lamp that locks it in place. Cool, finally figured it out. Went to do the other side, repeated the progress, and the B***h won't come out. The last thing I want to happen with my brand new car is having a dangling wire flopping around my door. So currently I have one led bulb installed, and the other is original.

I think I'm going to order a new lamp from Chrysler. I doubt it would be more than $15 or $20.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sorry I have to laugh. I have the same problem. Drivers door I played with it a bit. Finally got it out, using a small flat screwdriver coming in from the back. ( short side). Blade was pushing in part of the lamp that locks it in place. Cool, finally figured it out. Went to do the other side, repeated the progress, and the B***h won't come out. The last thing I want to happen with my brand new car is having a dangling wire flopping around my door. So currently I have one led bulb installed, and the other is original.

I think I'm going to order a new lamp from Chrysler. I doubt it would be more than $15 or $20.
I am laughing too. Well I assume the one you did do went back in the door tight. If so you did better than me. I am pretty sure the problem is by forcing it out of the door we are bending the clear plastic tab on the end. Problem is I cannot figure out how to bend it back.

I hope Nick from DD can shed some light on a how to for this. I am not sure if mine if busted now or what. So if you order a new housing, can you post the part number here?

In the meantime I guess we will both be driving around with one LED puddle light. LOL

1 - 20 of 43 Posts