Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It appears that Dodge is going to release 2015's with the same dark interiors, at least the batch of first new cars. I'm seeing that any desirable interior options are late availability. I also see that a white/slate interior is an option on only R/T's. I wish Dodge, (Dodge are you listening) would get it together and offer some better colors on the interiors if they want current Challenger owners to upgrade to a new car. For example you could not get a Torred car with a red interior till the very end of the 2014 model year! It wasn't available on the online build page till very recently, too little, too late. In fact if I could find a new 2014 SRT Red/Red 6 speed I'd buy it today, gotta be near me however.

Limited color choices, very few if any interior choices on the 2015 are kinda making my interest go away. I'm feeling it may be late 2015 before any really nice different colored interiors become available. Any inside information here with regard to interiors?

Now before anyone thinks I'm whining, I'm not, am I alone in wanting a different colored interior to go along with the restyled exterior? Dodge should have a interior color combination over ride like Chevy ($590 for ordered vehicles only). I'd have ordered a Sublime SRT white/slate interior but I'll just have wait and see what happens.

For anyone who wants to say "it's a muscle car, who cares about the interior"! Considering I have two R/T's I plan on keeping, (unless a Fuchsia Hellcat magically appears ) I'd sure like a color change on the interior on my third Mopar.
Come on Ma Mopar, make it happen !

·
Registered
341 Posts
I agree that the lack of color flexibility can be frustrating. I'm a fan of saddle/brown/tan interiors, and was glad to see that offered somewhere in the '15 's. I do miss the ability to have a variety of interior color choices available like we had in the 50's and 60's.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The ivory/black interior is also available on the SXT.

What I was disappointed in was that it is not available on the Scat Pack or SRT models, makes no sense to me. I really wanted to build a non shaker Scat Pack with the ivory interior but the lack of availability killed that deal, I don't want another version of black or the red that I don't care for.

I have yet to see the Herringbone that was referred to in many of the publicity videos.

But it's early in the MY so I can wait to see what they have available by next summer.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Sublime scat pack 392 with the ivory interior would be on my radar big time also. Looks like I'll be waiting till late 2015 to maybe get what I want. That red/red C7 is starting to call to me. I'm simply not buying another slate gray interior Challenger.

·
Super Moderator
15,099 Posts
The ivory/black interior is also available on the SXT.

What I was disappointed in was that it is not available on the Scat Pack or SRT models, makes no sense to me. I really wanted to build a non shaker Scat Pack with the ivory interior but the lack of availability killed that deal, I don't want another version of black or the red that I don't care for.

I have yet to see the Herringbone that was referred to in many of the publicity videos.

But it's early in the MY so I can wait to see what they have available by next summer.
Here's an image of the Houndstooth cloth interior - only avail on base SXT and R/T trim levels. (can't have this on Plus or R/T Shaker (base/cloth either) trim levels:

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
Here's an image of the Houndstooth cloth interior - only avail on base SXT and R/T trim levels. (can't have this on Plus or R/T Shaker (base/cloth either) trim levels:
thanks for the pic. I like it, would be really cool if they had some color choices for the insert.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'll never understand why a stylish, cool looking, and dare I say comfortable interior like that houndstooth is not available in all models.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'll never understand why a stylish, cool looking, and dare I say comfortable interior like that houndstooth is not available in all models.
if you can get it with the scat pack that is a nice combo!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I don't blame Dodge for any of this. I blame boring, predictable buyers.

Unfortunately, people who want more color choices are a very small minority. The vast majority of buyers want to play it safe with some sort of generic black/charcoal interior.

Over and over I see dealers get stuck with that car with the red or the tan interior sit on the lot for a year or longer, because buyers are simply afraid to step out of their limited comfort zone and be a little original.

At least Dodge will be offering other color choices at some point. But most of those will end up being factory orders.

·
Super Moderator
15,099 Posts
Its a lot like the old days (60s to early 70s) - the default interior color was black "it doesn't show dirt". I've seen a lot of grungy black leather interiors that look - dull and dried out since there's so much imbedded grime...dark colors require cleaning and maintaining as well.

By the 70s, we saw a lot of red, blue, green, brown, tan interiors, but by the 80s it became gray or tan and that was about it...

Then of course, the "blah colors" variations on black, silver or gray...that's predominant as well.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There appears to be some hope but I can't get the premium red leather on a scat pack. And the ivory is only on the RT. guess I'm waiting till next year and see if there are any more interior color options on the models I want.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I agree with many of you who have stated that interior colors are both limited, and shall we say a bit "stale?" In order to at least satisfy some of the customer base who wish to choose from a wider "palette," I can't imagine why Dodge doesn't offer a Katzkin interior option that could provide any number of color combinations !! They did, exactly this, at least in 2012, for Jeeps no less !!

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
What I don't understand is how the base models (SXT & R/T) get the options for different interiors and the more expensive models get stuck with black!!! If it can be put in a SXT let us put it in a Scat Pack or SRT!!!!

And same goes for that mid-body stripe... if I want it on my SP or SRT I should be able to order it!!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Honesty, I'm thankful for what is now available on the 2015 models.
All we previously had were black and that hideous radar red.
I was pumped when they announced we'd be getting the Sepia Laguna from the Viper, that's what I went with in my 2015 392.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Honesty, I'm thankful for what is now available on the 2015 models.
All we previously had were black and that hideous radar red.
I was pumped when they announced we'd be getting the Sepia Laguna from the Viper, that's what I went with in my 2015 392.
Very few models offer the Laguna leather. It is for the premium models only.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Very few models offer the Laguna leather. It is for the premium models only.
Right, I know what you're sayin'.
Still, the options we have now are more than what we previously had and who knows, maybe there will be some reveals with special edition 2015 models. I personally think that a deeper, red leather would look better than the current cloth style it's available in. I would be worried about fade, but that's what quality leather care products are for.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I myself want black and nothing else, and that makes it simple when looking at used cars when you don't have the disappointment of "Damn, it's the right color, but that interior!". I've owned several vehicles over the last 40+ years where I bought it because it was OK otherwise, but the (most of them) red interiors bugged me no end.

Black black black inside, and no weak colors on the outside!

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
My Sublime R/T with an interior which is Black/Pearl is at the freight yard. I should see it this week. I ordered in July.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I myself want black and nothing else, and that makes it simple when looking at used cars when you don't have the disappointment of "Damn, it's the right color, but that interior!". I've owned several vehicles over the last 40+ years where I bought it because it was OK otherwise, but the (most of them) red interiors bugged me no end.

Black black black inside, and no weak colors on the outside!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you completely, particularly with regard to outfitting a muscle car. Black WAS the go-to color years ago, and in the spirit of this whole retro movement, it should have been with us all along !! Better late than never, however !!

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you completely, particularly with regard to outfitting a muscle car. Black WAS the go-to color years ago, and in the spirit of this whole retro movement, it should have been with us all along !! Better late than never, however !!

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"
+1

I also have no issue with black. It is the textbook muscle car color. And in the end i think its more about textures and comfort. I would have seriously considered white if they offered it, but not the two tone black/pearl, all white.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts