Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to do the lower grill license plate mount using toggle bolts. I was checking out a base SXT at a local dealer (only car nearby so far) and noticed the lower grill is kind of flimsy. I could easily stick my fingers through and wiggle it. I compared it to a 2014 R/T and found its grill was much more rigid. The 14 R/T also had a license plate bracket bolstered against it (the 15 had no bracket) so that might have firmed it up. I am wondering if the '15 lower grill will be rigid enough to support the license plate with a stiff breeze hitting it at speed or if it might warp or stress the honeycomb.

Does anyone know if the lower grills are the same on all models (I have an in-bound Scat Pack) or if the SXT might use a lighter honeycomb material than the higher models.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seeking the assistance of someone with the good fortune to have taken delivery on an RT or Scat Pack, and does not have a front license bracket installed:

Please grab hold of your lower grill mesh jiggle it and report back if it feels flimsy or not.

TIA!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts