Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to my car the other morning to head in to work and I couldn't find reverse. Then I realize the shifter doesn't spring back to center either. I only have first gear in all of the forward positions and second gear in all of the rearward positions. No history of transmission issues with this car and I simply parked the car like usual the night before. I drive mostly conservatively, but will sometimes grab second gear pretty quick (as I have done in all of my manual transmission vehicles in the past at least two of which I had put over 200k miles on with no issues). Anyhow, get it towed to the dealer and come to find out, the roll pin in the shifter linkage worked loose and eventually sheared. Fortunately it was limited to the top cover piece and only a few shavings likely dropped into the case. This came with no warning and no abuse. I drive a lot. My car has 78k miles on it and less than 2 years old. Anybody seen this happen before? Anything I can do to prevent it from happening in another 78k miles? Got the MOPAR Lifetime Warranty so it only cost me $100. Photo attached for those interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
93 Posts
Has any previous work been done on the trans? My car was missing one of the mounting pins in the shift assembly, it was obvious some monkey had obviously worked on it before as one of the clips on the shift boot surround was loose inside the console too. I also discovered that my damper disassembled itself sometime before I bought the car and the counterweight was just hanging out wedged between the frame and the front underbody plastics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts