Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
341 Posts
The silver inserts do pop off :devilish:
Thanks for that! Once I checked out that thread, there was a great reference to a charger tutorial of removing those inserts for painting.

That is definitely what I want to do so thanks for sharing.

I believe I've seen that link for the challengercollection badges before as I actually have the steering wheel badge with the fratzog. Really wish the company referenced in the vid still made the metal ones (or even plastic) with tabs.

I've already had one come back off after I tried to apply it since it was just attached with adhesive.

Sadly, the link to the company that made the metal ones with tabs in the video is dead now.

I think there is some trepidation to making these out of metal to companies in the fear that in an airbag deployment the metal could hurt someone. If I'm in an accident, I don't see the problem with having a Dodge logo imprinted on me....

·
Registered
662 Posts
I wouldnt want anything metal on the airbag. Plastic breaks when the bag is deployed. I pulled my plastic ring off and painted it body color after sanding it. It had been off previously and was purple. Now its red. Take your time and gently pry it off and they come right off. For the older cars you can always switch the steering wheel out to the '14. Charger runs the same bag/ wheel.
20200228_154930.jpg

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I wouldnt want anything metal on the airbag. Plastic breaks when the bag is deployed. I pulled my plastic ring off and painted it body color after sanding it. It had been off previously and was purple. Now its red. Take your time and gently pry it off and they come right off. For the older cars you can always switch the steering wheel out to the '14. Charger runs the same bag/ wheel. View attachment 997957
I was actually thinking of doing the same thing, but did not know if the tabs would break off or not. Then I found the replacement steering wheel ring online and decided to go in that direction.

I guess there's some options as to how to address this issue.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts