Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guy's and girls , you've all seen it .what do you think? personally , i think its a great looking car .
can't wait to see the convertible . do i love my challenger any less , no way. the mustang has a 350z
roofline and a coke bottle body, but still does not have the attitude and character my challenger has.
ford has a ways to go to win my heart.

·
Registered
165 Posts
2015 Mustang

Personally, I'm a little disappointed. With all the pre-release hype, I was expecting a major redesign. It doesn't look all that different from the 2014 to me excepting the small changes you'd expect from the next model year. Some of the concept renditions looked better to me.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Not impressed at all.

Reactions: Nevs

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
It ain't bad

But it's best improvements are 200 lb weight loss, and getting rid of solid axle. I like the shape of 11 and up. If they would have used these tail lights on the previous body....................anyway, the VOTS site shows my challenger in final inspection. Glad I'm getting another Hemi

·
Registered
387 Posts
It looks like a Ford Fusion and Nissan 350Z had sex. What an ugly car.

Having said that...the $34K version will blow the doors off the $69K Challenger Hellcat...so there'll be that.

Reactions: C13RT

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well with no solid axle now they too can have wheel hop!

In some ways I like it better such as the back window bit the front is just wrong and they still cant get the back bumper line right. I do hope they do a SVO version of the 4 cyl. turbo like the mid eightys.

All in all I think it just helped the Challengers case.

On a more somber note it kinda sucks for ford that they released it today, up untill @ 5pm they had the daily news spotlight....... RIP Nelson Mondela.

·
Registered
642 Posts
not bad......I respect the Mustang however I am looking forward to the 2015 Challenger based on the pic that was recently posted....

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Don't like the looks of it but I bet it hauls ass. Even in just the GT 5.0 trim. They have not let out power numbers yet but there have been rumors of 460 HP.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
We don't know that yet

We don't know the performance of either car right now. I bet the new 5.0 will get another 25 hp tops. It's 200 lbs lighter. I'm guessing 0.2-0.3 sec quicker to 60 mph. I'm guessing the hellcat will weigh the same, and get 130 hp bump. I'm thinking 0.4-0.6 sec quicker to 60. My monies on the hellcat. I bet it will sell for $58-$63 K

·
Registered
772 Posts
FORD is still a four letter word !!!

Reactions: The Chromer

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
It's nice looking, does not WOW me though. Be interested to see what packages are offered, price, and expected performance

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Don't like the looks of it but I bet it hauls ass. Even in just the GT 5.0 trim. They have not let out power numbers yet but there have been rumors of 460 HP.
The article I just read when I went to check out photos said more than 420 hp in the 5.0 with 390 ft tq. I think it said the V6 was 305 hp.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I like a couple of things about it, They lowered the hood 1.8 inches,roof 1.5 inches and the trunk trunk 2.6 inches and made the rear a lot wider. Gone is the gangster look with the to tall sides and really high trunk and to low roof line. Those are the biggest difference's on the challenger ,camero of today and the 70's. A look that I don't think is long lasting/timely. Look at how tall the back of the last vette was.
The other thing I like is the huge interior upgrade, where aluminum is! aluminum.etc. Hopfully it will inspire a huge interior upgrade for the Challengeron the 2016 model. The optional center gages on the new mustang are cool. We need a set like that on the challenger.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Looks like the nose protrudes a bit more than it should. Is this to meet the European pedestrian safety requirements?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm not crazy about the styling... The rear end kinda has a sleek Berlinetta Lusso look to it, and then the front is angular and boxy - Almost as if design teams were working independently on two halves of the car. The interior is quite impressive.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
The front looks very Dodge Charger'ish....

·
Registered
152 Posts
The front looks very Dodge Charger'ish....
I saw one today, and its not even close to a Charger. More like a Fusion with the addition of a lower spoiler.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Meh, I'd have hard time understanding what any Mustang fan would complain about. It is very Mustang much more so than some other model years and I'm not thinking Mustang II.

Now how usable is that back seat and trunk? Challenger fills a void.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
It looks like a Ford Fusion and Nissan 350Z had sex. What an ugly car.

Having said that...the $34K version will blow the doors off the $69K Challenger Hellcat...so there'll be that.
What would it cost me to get a ride in your time machine? When this baby hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious . . . delusions. The "Hellcat" will walk the GT, mark my words. The upcoming Mach 1 is a different story. Don't sell the "Hellcat" down the river just yet.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts