Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I write this, we don't yet know pricing and verified order timelines for certain models, option packages or colo(u)rs. But with the limited info we do have, I already find myself in raging conflict, not knowing what I should do. It centers on the need for a certain look that Dodge seems hell bent on me not achieving either because of late availability, limited availability, or absolutely NO availability. Maybe I'm just a "Sold Order Freak", but I suspect I'm not alone.

First, I want a Sublime car, always have, been waiting patiently since 2006 and the original Chicago Auto show reveal

Second, I want the Hellcat engine, but the wife says wait on pricing and if it's too steep get a 392 Shaker for her

Third, I want a FactoryWhiteInterior, but if not white, then anything but boring black

Fourth, I want to avoid the modern blacked out "Gangsta" look. No offense intended but I am still a young baby boomer

Fifth, I want some kind of chromed 5-spoke wheel and the closest I seem to see is that 7-spoke "77" 392SRT wheel

So, I guess I need pricing first so I can decide on the 6.2 verses 6.4 issue. Then I need to still be able to order a 6.4 Shaker in Sublime if the Hellcat is too much, although at this point I suspect it will fit in the budget just fine. I can't order a white interior unless I downgrade to the 5.7, and I am stuck with black or bronze wheels with 14,000 spokes and a black grill and gas cap. No chrome! No White (interior or stripes)! Slingshots for Wheels! No pistol grip! No Shaker until the snow flies, and the possibility of Sublime ending (to make way for B5 blue because of Brampton's limited number of paint tanks), before the other options come on line. No hope, no joy, no love. Oh the drama!

These are my very real first world problems. Am I alone....call 1(800) WHO CARES, in Canada 1(866) TOO MUCH$

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Nothing wrong with a 5.7....order up Sublime Shaker plus. It comes with the same polished spoke with black pocket wheels that current Shaker cars wear. I think I read that the interior choices are the same as the non Shaker R/T plus models. What ever choice you make, you'll end up with a nice car.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Got a 5.7 now. Love it! Keeping it. N.E.E.D. M.O.R.E. P.O.W.E.R
I hear you. Got my eye on a Scat Pack Shaker myself. But, at Carlisle there was a Sublime, R/T plus with the white interior. Man, I love that interior. I just might get a R/T Shaker plus. Bright white, with white interior. Then again I just might keep what I got. Guess it depends on pricing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts