Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Sorry if this question's been asked before but I've looked around for a bit and could not find any concrete answers.

I was able to snag a great deal on some SRT headers and mids from a later model and was wondering if there will be any issues with the installing it on an A8? I read it being mentioned that the starter was moved to the opposite side causing some issues with clearance.

Should I just try to buy a set from a 15+ A8 to avoid this issue or can I continue with the install with slight modifications?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I would start by looking up the part to see if the SRT part number is different for auto vs manual. I didn't think that it was... That being said, if yours is an auto, then getting parts from an A8 car would be the safest route.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
64 Posts
Hello!

Sorry if this question's been asked before but I've looked around for a bit and could not find any concrete answers.

I was able to snag a great deal on some SRT headers and mids from a later model and was wondering if there will be any issues with the installing it on an A8? I read it being mentioned that the starter was moved to the opposite side causing some issues with clearance.

Should I just try to buy a set from a 15+ A8 to avoid this issue or can I continue with the install with slight modifications?

Thanks!
Did you ever put them on?

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
buy a set that came from an A8 model if swapping to an A8 equipped 5.7.

the starter motor is on the opposite side of the engine since the A8 transmission went into production. For M6 models its on the passenger (right) side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you ever put them on?
Working on finding a place to do the install. Got quoted $2,500 for it. Dude told me he needed to remove cylinder heads (5 hours per side) for the install which goes against everything I researched. I'll update if I ever get a shop to do the install. Asking around if they can put a dent on there for clearance. The set I have looks like it has dents made on the left side, so it might work.. hopefully.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
64 Posts
Working on finding a place to do the install. Got quoted $2,500 for it. Dude told me he needed to remove cylinder heads (5 hours per side) for the install which goes against everything I researched. I'll update if I ever get a shop to do the install. Asking around if they can put a dent on there for clearance. The set I have looks like it has dents made on the left side, so it might work.. hopefully.
Yeah find a different place. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts