Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a weird issue with the GPS in my 2015 R/T with the 8.4 Uconnect. When I'm on a long trip (I drive from NJ to VA a lot) the GPS tries to take me off the highway only to put my right back on. For example when I'm on the Capitol Beltway in MD (495 S) headed to VA, I know I need to get off on 45A, but the GPS takes me off at exit 40, and puts me right back on 495 S on my way to 45A. Google Maps on my phone doesn't do this.

Now I drive this route so much that I use the GPS only in case there is a traffic alert, but last weekend I went to Salem MA on vacation and on one of the highways it took me off the highway only to put me right back on, and it was a PITA because there was a lot of exiting traffic and taking the exit was slower than if I would have stayed in the left lane and blew past the GPS-mapped exit. My true exit was like 7 miles ahead.

I've searched the forum and checked the GPS settings, but I can't find the setting for "Take Unnecessary Exits (Y/N)". :wink3: Anyone else run into this issue?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I run into the same issue...it's so bad I don't even use the car navigation anymore and just opt for Google maps on my phone. Getting off and on the highway, taking me an out of the way route and directions just not being clear makes for a frustrating drive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
anybody find a fix to this, was just traveling south on 495 to VA and something happen to me gps took me off and on three three times

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the same issue, and I'm also in the MD/DC/VA area. Not sure how it works in other areas???
Even when I know exactly where I'm going, sometimes I turn on the Nav. It tells me to take exits that are just totally stupid. It's so bad that I can't use the nav system at all. Totally useless.

Any fix for this?

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I have the same issue, and I'm also in the MD/DC/VA area. Not sure how it works in other areas???
Even when I know exactly where I'm going, sometimes I turn on the Nav. It tells me to take exits that are just totally stupid. It's so bad that I can't use the nav system at all. Totally useless.

Any fix for this?
I'm in MD and have no problems with my GPS. Have you installed or had the dealer install the software updates to your car? I did see one of them was for GPS. I did it myself, but my suggestion is to just drive around after you put in the thumb-drive.

https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/?origin=d

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Can't say I've had this problem with my '16 and 8.4AN, I've used it a bit and it's always been smart about that stuff.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
This happens to me in So. Cal randomly. When I was first messing with the different GPS settings, I swear I saw a setting for automatically avoiding incidents....or something to that affect. Naturally, I cannot find it again to save my life, but I remember selecting it and ever since my routes have been randomly quite interesting. In the car's defense, a few times I found out that there were incidents (accident, stalled vehicle, etc.) that the routing seemed to be trying to avoid...but they were already cleared. Maybe it's just a matter of slow incident report updates?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts