Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm considering buying a new 2017 R/T Shaker 5.7L 6M and I'm requesting feedback from owners (ONLY) of 2015+ R/T Shaker 5.7L 6M. I'm looking for your experience Pros and Cons. Please, I don't need ANY advice on buying this car. I can handle that better than most.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I'm considering buying a new 2017 R/T Shaker 5.7L 6M and I'm requesting feedback from owners (ONLY) of 2015+ R/T Shaker 5.7L 6M. I'm looking for your experience Pros and Cons. Please, I don't need ANY advice on buying this car. I can handle that better than most.
Love my 2016. Shaker + m6. Nothing I can think of that I don't like. B5 blue loaded except for sun roof. Did not want that.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,882 Posts
I own a 5.7 2015 Shaker Plus 6M..... Didn't you just ask about the V6 SXT?

Anyway this manual Shaker is awesome, but I did have to replace the water pump already at around 25,000 miles. It's a fairly common part to replace North of 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I have a 2018 R/T Plus (5.7) M6... I've owned a 392 Shaker and the only difference (shaker vs. non) is not having the scoop to look at. That being said, the new 5.7s with the active exhaust ('17+) sound and drive great. Coming from a 392 I can say I don't miss the extra power much in most driving situations. With the stick you can really control that fantastic exhaust note as well. Fast car and a fun car. My car is a STP car and I think that's standard on Shakers so you'll also appreciate the stiffer suspension. Rides pretty much like a Scat Pack (or exactly like one). That 5.7 is no slouch either with 410 ft pounds of torque. I also suspect the new 5.7s ('17+) with the active exhaust are a touch quicker than the previous 5.7s. I owned a '13 R/T as well and didn't seem as fast as my '18.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Just an FYI, an M6 R/T will be the slowest (1/4 mile) of all the V8 Challengers. If that matters.
What does that matter? [insert more fun/satisfying to drive a manual debate here]. I don't think the OP was asking which car was the fastest in the 1/4 mile, I also believe he had a 392 Challenger before.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Why do you think I ended my post with "if that matters".
The point was: why even bring it up then? Also, why point out the obvious just to rehash the manual vs auto debate. That was what my post was about. Just seemed unnecessary and unrelated to the OP is all. No worries. If it matters....

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
My rt can outrun your rt. See how stupid that sounds not saying anyone said that but that's how stupid some post are. Again I love the my rt shaker plus. You will not be disappointed. No issues at all but haven't had long. And it will be modded just like everyone else does even if ya got the 382. Get it make it your own

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
2018 Torred R/T here......0-60 in 5 seconds flat....stock!
With better tires and a couple mods I'm sure I can get into the 4's but it's fast enough for me and yes, the exhaust note is AWESOME!

·
Registered
960 Posts
The point was: why even bring it up then? Also, why point out the obvious just to rehash the manual vs auto debate. That was what my post was about. Just seemed unnecessary and unrelated to the OP is all. No worries. If it matters....
Did he or did he not ask for the Pros and Cons?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Did he or did he not ask for the Pros and Cons?
I think you missed the point of the OP. So your experience with your 5.7L Challenger was that it was slower than the A8s or other V8s? That's what I meant. Not a big deal. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong and the OP was actually looking for owners of 392 equipped Challengers and Hellcats to tell him how slow it would be. I guess I'll leave that up to the OP at this point. Like I said, not a big deal and I'm sorry if I got your feathers ruffled a little. Have a good night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts