Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all;

Looking to swap out my stock 20" STP wheels for a new set of 18's. Havent seen too many late gen Challengers with aftermarket 18;s, so post em up! I want to run like..295;s on the rear just so I KNOW I wont be spinning!!! lol. 18" will clear STP brakes, ya?

-Snowkan

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Went with the Bravado tributes. Most guys run them on the rear, however i like how they look all around. Went from the stock 20’s , to Rohanna RF-2 22”, then to these. Cant comment on brake clearance as mine is just an RT. Running 18x9 and 18x10 but I would think if you went 18x10 all around it would be ok? Dont hold me to that lol

Also quite a bit lowered on KW V2’s

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good! What size tires are you using with the 18x10? What about the lugs for these wheels? Have you noticed any weight difference at speed?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Looks good! What size tires are you using with the 18x10? What about the lugs for these wheels? Have you noticed any weight difference at speed?

Lugs i went with just universal spline lugs with a key from my buddys tire shop, nothing special.

I found the perfect rear tire size for my setup is a 295/45R18 it fills up the wheel well nice. Also FYI that is the OEM tire size for the old Ford Lightening trucks. Tires are really limited in options as nitto makes some street tires, as well as hankook. Everything else is a drag radial or track slick in this size. The NT555’s have been working great and i get about 20-25k miles out of them .

The bigger tires actually soak up more road which is nice, and these wheels in particular only weight about 22lbs so yes i do feel a difference in steering. Just be weary, lowering a car on 18’s is ....dangerous lol especially when they were made to sit high like our cars.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on! I just placed an order for Nitto NT-05's in 295-45R18...As crazy as I wanna go in our cold Canadian climate haha How are the 555's for off the line traction? Right now with my 255 Atturo AZ 800, I can usually launch at around 1100RPM, then roll into it

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Right on! I just placed an order for Nitto NT-05's in 295-45R18...As crazy as I wanna go in our cold Canadian climate haha How are the 555's for off the line traction? Right now with my 255 Atturo AZ 800, I can usually launch at around 1100RPM, then roll into it

On fresh rubber, just fine i can launch on the street about 1200 not a peep from the tires. Stock motor, hellcat intake, diablo pre-loaded tune (for now lol) and srt manifold with high flow cats and catback. I cant be making much more power than a stock R/T so havent had any traction issues yet, just some wheel hop.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,449 Posts
You can see my 18" Forgestars in my garage. They have some serious Nitto rubber on them for the street... :grin2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts