Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen pictures of the 15' Mustangs and Camaro's. They have abandoned the retro theme. I was wrong about Dodge. They are sticking with Retro. My theory is that Challenger sales will skyrocket (good and bad). Challenger sales have been increasing steadily. Mustang sales are in decline. Camaro sales seem to have stabilized.

I believe Ford and Chevy are making a mistake. My logic is based on a belief that a "tuner looking" muscle car will lose sales to "actual" tuners and "ricers."

What say you?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I've seen pictures of the 15' Mustangs and Camaro's. They have abandoned the retro theme. I was wrong about Dodge. They are sticking with Retro. My theory is that Challenger sales will skyrocket (good and bad). Challenger sales have been increasing steadily. Mustang sales are in decline. Camaro sales seem to have stabilized.

I believe Ford and Chevy are making a mistake. My logic is based on a belief that a "tuner looking" muscle car will lose sales to "actual" tuners and "ricers."

What say you?
I think it speaks volumes; Challenger has kept the same styling since 2006 and every year they keep increasing sales. I don't think they will skyrocket but I definitely think that Chrysler has a winner here.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
It's strange but I thought there would be Cameros every where,I think theres more Challengers around.Mustangs are a dime a dozen though.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes and no...

Dodge is the smallest of the big 3. When the Camaro's arrived late...they took over Mustang Sales. They now sell the most muscle. I believe it was a reaction to the over abundance of Mustangs on the road. The nation was saturated with mustangs. But I firmly believe...that once Chevy abandon's the retro theme (they were only half way in with the quasi retro Camaro)....that Camaro sales will plummet.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I'm impressed with the number of under 20 year olds that simply LOVE the Challenger's style. There's this one guy in our club who's only 17 and owns a white R/T, the guy's a fanatic... Great to see!

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is exactly my point...

I'm impressed with the number of under 20 year olds that simply LOVE the Challenger's style. There's this one guy in our club who's only 17 and owns a white R/T, the guy's a fanatic... Great to see!
The youngsters love the retro look. It's timeless (whether Ford or Chevy). I think Challenger sales will take off. I'm happy and sad. I like the fact that Challengers are rare.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
2015 calendar year will be at or over 60K, guaranteed. This year, they will eclipse 50K! The car keeps beating the previous year's total sales. It has done this, in spite of what all of the expert analyst on this website have said. The Challenger's future is very bright. I think it will be around until at least 2025. 2025 might be the last year of the V8s because that is the year that CAFE mpg average will have to be 54.5 (fleet average).

·
Registered
107 Posts
New Body for 2015!

Cool, It looks like they are bringing back my favorite color Blackberry! I hope it is Pearl! When can I order one?:yumyum:

·
Registered
336 Posts

What say you?
Re the new Mustang design... I'll believe it when I see someone from Ford up on a rotating stage at the official reveal. If the latest 'rumor' postings are right, I'd expect a lot of current Mustang owners to hang on to what they have. I know I would be if I hadn't gone Dodge.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Mustang and Camaro sales will battle to be #1... Ford and Chevy have the dealership muscle behind them and the marketing $ that Chrysler just cannot do. The Challlenger sales continue to increase as more and more just want one and they keep coming out with new short run colors and packages that folks gotta have. The Scat Pack and Shaker options coming in the Spring will be the best ones they have done. I think 2015 calendar sales will be very good as well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was hoping for a noticeable difference from the 15's, as a 7 year run from the same body style is just too much to be unique. The limited colors kept it interesting, but I have no desire to be driving the Dodge version of a mustang with one on every block.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
none of us has ANY idea what the Challenger will look like for 2015.....how do you know they are keeping retro???......yes its been said that they will keep some retro styling cues......but that could mean anything...I would not assume you will even recognize the 2015 Challenger if you saw it

Mustang sales have been going DOWN for many years now....I rarely see a 2013-2014.........and the 2015 mustang looks like a evolution from the 2014...I would still say it has many retro stylings

I don't think any of us has seen the new Camaro......how do we know its not retro?

too many assumptions in this post....I wouldn't assume anything until I see the pic....and so far all ive seen is the base model Mustang

most people would buy a Kia before they'd buy a Dodge...Dodge is always at the bottom of the list when it comes to quality....all my friends made fun of me when I bought a Dodge....no one made fun of me when I bought a Ford as my 2nd fun car.....Dodge has a bad rep.....and they will never have good sales when compared with GM/Ford....they will always be a distance 3rd....the Mustang will outsell the new Challenger 10 to 1 if not 20 to 1.....it will cost $10-15k less(GT vs SRT) and give similar performance

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,734 Posts
Well, I have to disagree on the, "someone will buy a Kia before they'll buy a Dodge" based on reliability. My SRT was in the shop this past week and guess what? They gave me a Kia Rio rental as a "replacement" vehicle. After 5 days of driving the Kia, I don't care if it lasted a million miles without needing so much as an oil change, I would NEVER buy one! I CAN tell you I was ecstatic to have my lowly Dodge back again. I know they are apples and oranges, but the Dodge is 10 times the car that Kia will EVER be, no matter what the build quality difference may be.
The same goes for the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger thing. The only car I'd currently consider over a Challenger would be a Stingray. Even then, it would probably be in addition to a new SRT, rather than in place of one.

·
Super Moderator
13,872 Posts
2015 calendar year will be at or over 60K, guaranteed. This year, they will eclipse 50K! The car keeps beating the previous year's total sales. It has done this, in spite of what all of the expert analyst on this website have said. The Challenger's future is very bright. I think it will be around until at least 2025. 2025 might be the last year of the V8s because that is the year that CAFE mpg average will have to be 54.5 (fleet average).

I think that 10 more years is very optimistic. If it lasts that long, it will be a radically different looking car than the present model.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Well, I have to disagree on the, "someone will buy a Kia before they'll buy a Dodge" based on reliability. My SRT was in the shop this past week and guess what? They gave me a Kia Rio rental as a "replacement" vehicle. After 5 days of driving the Kia, I don't care if it lasted a million miles without needing so much as an oil change, I would NEVER buy one! I CAN tell you I was ecstatic to have my lowly Dodge back again. I know they are apples and oranges, but the Dodge is 10 times the car that Kia will EVER be, no matter what the build quality difference may be.
The same goes for the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger thing. The only car I'd currently consider over a Challenger would be a Stingray. Even then, it would probably be in addition to a new SRT, rather than in place of one.
The '15 Challenger will have different tail lights and front end with a new interior. It will continue to be 'retro' until they have a complete redo of it in '17 or '18. I had a rental of a '14 Kia Sorrento... while I liked it the first day... by the end of the two weeks I just didn't like it. The interior quality was top notch but I didn't like the ride and the swoopy roof made for seeing out the back terrible.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
none of us has ANY idea what the Challenger will look like for 2015.....how do you know they are keeping retro???......yes its been said that they will keep some retro styling cues......but that could mean anything...I would not assume you will even recognize the 2015 Challenger if you saw it

I don't think any of us has seen the new Camaro......how do we know its not retro?

Me: You are correct in that we do not know with certainty. But we have a pretty good idea. Most believe subtle changes to the Challenger front end and hood scoop. As for the Camaro, it was half retro to begin with. The most retro part of the Camaro was the round headlights. The 14' model has reduced the size of the grill/head lights considerably. It is evolving away from what little retro it had. Ford admits that it's new car will be a departure from retro.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts