Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I decided to change out the air filter on my 2015 Scat Pack, which is bone stock. When I removed the air box cover I noticed that there is a 3 inch long crack along the ribs that connect to the tab on the far left rear of the air box (circled in red).

The car has 22,000 miles on it so this is the first time that the airbox has been touched since it left the factory. After some digging and e-mail exchange with a very courteous and responsive Steve White of Steve White Parts, I discovered that you can't just buy an airbox cover, you must buy the entire assembly. I also learned that MOPAR is on Rev AE of the airbox which lends to my theory that the early ones had issues. Perhaps cracking for no apparent reason is one.

Has anyone else noticed this? The crack seems to be small enough that it won't impact anything so is it even worth replacing aside from the fact that I know it's there and it bothers me? Does anyone have an OEM air box cover for a 2015 Scat Pack laying around that they don't want?

IMG_2320.jpg

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
917 Posts
That doesn't look like a crack.

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Duct tape over it?

Reactions: trippytro

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,164 Posts
The revision doesn't usually mean a design change, it just means they source the part elsewhere, or change version to differentiate new stock vs old, etc.

A Guy

Attachments

Reactions: TheHorse13

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This picture shows the crack. The airbox is snug and doesn't move. I have no idea when or how this happened but I know that I didn't do it and it's never been touched by a dealer or anyone else since it left the factory.

IMG_2321.jpg

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,549 Posts
I have an airbox if you want it. It’s actually from a 392 engine too (has the fresh air port on same side as air outlet tube connects to).

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have an airbox if you want it. It’s actually from a 392 engine too (has the fresh air port on same side as air outlet tube connects to).
That would be sweet. I will shoot you a PM later on when the house quiets down for the day. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I received the air box that Nuke generously passed along to me. It's now happily living inside of my engine bay and life is once again harmonious under the hood.

Thanks again to Nuke and a special shout out to the memory of his beloved cam shaft affectionately named Lumpy.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,549 Posts
I received the air box that Nuke generously passed along to me. It's now happily living inside of my engine bay and life is once again harmonious under the hood.

Thanks again to Nuke and a special shout out to the memory of his beloved cam shaft affectionately named Lumpy.

Here's to ole Lumpy: 🍻

He's in a better place now. 😥

1 - 12 of 12 Posts