Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, its about that time to change the brake pads out by what the dealer told me on my service sheet. anybody have any idea on what brake pads i should get, im stuck and have no idea which ones to get or start. i asked the service part department and they said it will be 300 dollars for just the rear brake pads i walked out cause no way im going to pay that much for just pads.

thanks
>:)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Stoptech. No brake dust and easily installed. Bought mine from summit. Check out my IG @Whiteknuckle392

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
They are great. No issues what so ever. Stopping is exactly the same but I’m not jamming my brakes frequently. The fade seems good, no change in pedal pressure needed to stop, they are gripping well and the wheels always look clean now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
941 Posts
I liked the Power Stop pads on my Challengers. Did the swap on my SRT , Scat Pack and Hellcat. Stop great, quiet and no dust. Just ove $50 a set.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I went with Power Stop and they are not even close to the performance of the OEM Brembos but no dust is a plus. Did a road course day on them and was pretty disappointed. Brake pedal is spongier now too. Think I'll consider the Stoptech next time around. You should definitely consider doing the new pads yourself. For what the shop wanted, I purchased new pads, low profile jack and a new racing helmet. Super easy to do yourself. I spent more time cleaning the rotors, calipers and wheels than installing the pads. Make sure you blow out the rotors. There's a lot of old Brembo dust in the those vent chambers.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I went with Power Stop and they are not even close to the performance of the OEM Brembos
What version of the Powerstops did you use? I put in the Z26s and I don't see any worse performance but my rims don't look like shit after one days worth of brake dust. Although, I'm not slamming on my brakes every time...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts