Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys new to the forums, I have a 2015 scat pack challenger, Manual trans, 42k miles bought it 3 years ago and the previous owner lost the owners manual. I want to change the trans fluid and rear diff oil. I am going to go with amsoil as I love all of their products, just having trouble finding what I need and how much of it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also not taking it to the dealer

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
My 16 manual has the types but no capacities other than coolant, fuel, and engine oil.
5E8C3329-1C0D-4A38-8891-9A82A58C11D0.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
thank you very much
you can download a digital copy (.pdf) format of the owners manual from the Dodge.com site. Just pick out your make / model / year

some years didn't have paper manuals with the car and you had to order them

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
TREMEC makes their own trans fluid for your TR6060 trans. Soon as this virus stuff breaks I"m changing to it, got a case sitting in the garage. Their fluid has the tested/correct amount of friction modifiers for the synchrronizer's.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The amount is a little less than two quarts, but typically you just pump (or squeeze) it in until it starts to come out of the fill hole. That's why there's no specific fill quantity given, but it's roughly 1.75 quarts (judging by what's left in my second quart when I'm done).

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The fluid amount for the trans isn't exact. I have found it varies depending on how long you let it drain. Could be a bit more or less. The important thing is that you get the fluid level a 1/4 inch below the fill hole, with the vehicle level.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts