Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mopars aren't just for going in a straight line. Here is how you win the muscle car class in autocross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Vn1RqLhhA

Other cars in my class included mustangs, cameros and a BMW.

I also beat the Dart Rallye in raw time, although he was not in my class.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
But Challengers can't handle! LOL

Excellent use of the driver mod too btw ;)

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Somehow I forgot to mention there was a Hellcat Charger there as well. He beat me by a several 10ths in raw time, but in PAX I beat him significantly.

Results page here:
SCCA GRR

The video above was from event 4. It is important to note that prior to event #4 I was running the shitty all seasons from the factory. I am now running a set of 275 Kumho Eceta's. Which have made a SIGNIFICANT difference in the handling of the car.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Way to represent! Don't you just love hearing "I didn't know a Challenger could handle like that"?

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk
You know it!

Wider summer tires are a must, the skinny 245s that come on the scat are too narrow, and all seasons are complete garbage if you want grip.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You know it!

Wider summer tires are a must, the skinny 245s that come on the scat are too narrow, and all seasons are complete garbage if you want grip.
Absolutely. I'm at an in between spot running RE71Rs but in 245. Plans are to get some 9.5" or 10" wheels for next year and slap either 275s or 285s and run CAM. Can't wait to see how she handles then.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Absolutely. I'm at an in between spot running RE71Rs but in 245. Plans are to get some 9.5" or 10" wheels for next year and slap either 275s or 285s and run CAM. Can't wait to see how she handles then.

No RE71s in 20". You will have to find a different wheel if you want those. Those are this years "hotness". But i didn't want to drop cash on new wheels as well.

Or is it RE11's I'm thinking of?

You say you're running them, but I couldn't find any in 20". Maybe you have different wheels already?

There is a guy in our CAMC with an insanely fast G8. I'll need suspension mods to beat him.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
No RE71s in 20". You will have to find a different wheel if you want those. Those are this years "hotness". But i didn't want to drop cash on new wheels as well.

Or is it RE11's I'm thinking of?

You say you're running them, but I couldn't find any in 20". Maybe you have different wheels already?

There is a guy in our CAMC with an insanely fast G8. I'll need suspension mods to beat him.
I've got a set of 19" wheels I had on my SXT I'm running until next year. RE71s are supposed to be coming out this summer in 20s so we'll see what sizes they have. What tires are you running?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Are there any extreme performance summer tires in a stock 20 inch size for our cars yet? No matter how much I look I can't seem to find anything without going down to a Mustang or STI tire size.

Awesome video by the way. Videos like that are partly what got me to order a Scat Pack.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
363 Posts
Are there any extreme performance summer tires in a stock 20 inch size for our cars yet? No matter how much I look I can't seem to find anything without going down to a Mustang or STI tire size.

Awesome video by the way. Videos like that are partly what got me to order a Scat Pack.
The Nitto NT05 and Continental ExtremeContact DW in 20" with 200-300 treadwear come to mind as sticky summer street rubber. Not the greatest longevity but not too pricey either.

Then there's always the deceiving 320 treadwear of Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Pricier but with a 30k mile warranty.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Those are looking like the best options. I also recently discovered that the Nitto NT01 is available in 255/40/20, ideal for a 20×9 wheel. I am strongly considering that for a dedicated track tire so I can run a separate street tire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts