Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2015 Scat Pack - New differential

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  rwgems 
#1 ·
My 2015 Scat Pack, 61K miles, has been making some rear end noise during low speed, tight turn maneuvers in forward and reverse.

Finally got it checked out this morning and the verdict is in: bad differential.

Part here in 5-7 days. Full warranty repair, thankfully, as 2015 was the last year for 5 year/100K powertrain coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I also had my differential replaced a few months ago on my 2016 Scat Pack. It was making the same noise you described and had the oil changed with no resolve so they replaced it. It's been fine ever since. Good news is you'll have a new rear at 61k :wink3:

#3 ·
FYI - There is a TSB (TSB 03-004-16) that may be involved in your issue.

#8 ·
The diff is mounted to the chassis in these cars, so any sound is magnified.

Also consider that it is a limited slip and those will make a little noise when turning by design.

I've never driven one of these that didn't make at least a little noise at a certain speed or when turning and I drove many Scats and SRTs before I bought mine.

#9 ·
The noise was excessive. The dealer agreed. The noise no longer exists with the new differential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PaVaSteeler
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.