Dodge Challenger Forum banner

3661 - 3680 of 3708 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Went to start my car this morning steering wheel locked and warning light said service power steering, car is a 2015 scat pack with 20,500 miles. Very pissed to say the least. Called assist to get car towed but they would only tow to nearest dealer which i don't like. I asked to tow to my choice of dealer which was 4 miles farther but they wouldn't do it. So far tire pressure sensors changed , radiator hose clamp, front stabilizer bushings, front headlight frame clip ( whole bumper had to be removed ) and now power steering . Not happy at all with car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Car finally got diagnosed after three days at dealer. I'ts the module on the rack and pinion steering. Module is attached to rack and pinion so whole unit has to be replaced. Not happy. Two many problems with this car Dodge needs to swap this car for a new one ( no money out of pocket from me ) and if that car isn't good then it's BYE BYE Dodge and ill spend my money on a better product. The quality of this car is not worth $45,000 all show and no go. Maybe car will be ready next Tuesday which will be more than a week its laid up.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro888 View Post
Car finally got diagnosed after three days at dealer. I'ts the module on the rack and pinion steering. Module is attached to rack and pinion so whole unit has to be replaced. Not happy. Two many problems with this car Dodge needs to swap this car for a new one ( no money out of pocket from me ) and if that car isn't good then it's BYE BYE Dodge and ill spend my money on a better product. The quality of this car is not worth $45,000 all show and no go. Maybe car will be ready next Tuesday which will be more than a week its laid up.

Update, waiting for part , dealer was supposed to give me a loaner car has been promising me for three days now ( called three times ) . I called Dodge Cares they called the Dealer Dodge Cares said Dealer will call me still no loaner . Dodge Cares has no more pull than i do when i call Dealer. Total joke.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat
1,669 Posts
Well Retro I hate to see your problem with your car and the dealer. Always remember if it has tits or tires you will problems from time to time. A failed module can happen to any car and yes Dodge isnt the best in fit/finish reliability too but I already knew that prior to buying my Scat.

Get the dealer up off their ass and give you a rental and get your part for the car and get it fixed. Showing up in person really helps a lot.

Reactions: nytrorcr

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well Retro I hate to see your problem with your car and the dealer. Always remember if it has tits or tires you will problems from time to time. A failed module can happen to any car and yes Dodge isnt the best in fit/finish reliability too but I already knew that prior to buying my Scat.

Get the dealer up off their ass and give you a rental and get your part for the car and get it fixed. Showing up in person really helps a lot.
Been to the Dealer twice in person. Now i will wait for my car to be repaired then i will deal with the service manager. Never had this problem in North Jersey only in South Jersey where i live now . Different world down here very incompetent in most things they do . It seems all 3 Dealers in my area are the same way and Dodge needs to get the whip out.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Finally got my car back after replacing power steering module and rack and pinion. Seems to be driving well only been one day i hope this is the last of my problems. Im assuming who ever took off the center caps on the wheels scratched the edge around it , does anyone know how to get the scratches off the brushed aluminum. I have WR2 wheels.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It seems that my seat's lumbar control doesn't work.....anyone else experience this? No big deal, just hate to return it to the dealer. Too many really bad experiences although this dealer is a new one to me.
My lumbar does not work either, never did from the day I picked it up. I have not returned it because I do not use it and it's not worth the down time. At only 1 year and 12k miles I will wait until I have other concerns.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Finally got my car back after replacing power steering module and rack and pinion. Seems to be driving well only been one day i hope this is the last of my problems. Im assuming who ever took off the center caps on the wheels scratched the edge around it , does anyone know how to get the scratches off the brushed aluminum. I have WR2 wheels.
The silver color is a paint/powder coating. All I believe you could do is use touch up paint.

Apparently the tech wasn't smart enough to know to knock the center caps out from the back.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Traded in my 15 SP for a 16 SP car was delivered to dealer in 4 weeks . Has some paint issues that shouldn't have been passed but dealer said they will fix it . Hope this car runs better than the last one.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Does the scat pack shaker have there own forum and if so can someone please give me the link.
South Jersey, there are a couple of threads you can try. The latest (2,300 views) is 2017 SPS ordered!, questions. The other which was very powerful (809,000 views) is Order status on your Scat Pack Shaker, has great contacts although I don't know how many still connect to it as it was mainly a 2015 ordering thing. Though a lot of us still kept providing information and status' for the 1st half of this year. Don't know exactly all the issues you're having or the questions you need to post but I would submit on both of those and I'm sure you'll get some input.

Reactions: Retro888

·
Registered
298 Posts
Taking a road trip any good bra's out there that fit well. Any info would be greatly appreciated.Also looking for a spare tire with rim , was told rim has to be one that is able to clear caliper.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Taking a road trip any good bra's out there that fit well. Any info would be greatly appreciated.Also looking for a spare tire with rim , was told rim has to be one that is able to clear caliper.
Not a big fan of bras. Vibrations can wear into the paint worse than a few rock chips. We did a clear bra on our Scat to protect it. Our tint shop did a nice job on installing it.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Not a big fan of bras. Vibrations can wear into the paint worse than a few rock chips. We did a clear bra on our Scat to protect it. Our tint shop did a nice job on installing it.
Agreed, I would not run a traditional car bra on any car. Dust, rocks, and other crap collects under the edges and rubs through the paint as you drive and the bra moves due to the force of the wind.

3M clear bra is the way to go.

Attachments

Reactions: nytrorcr
3661 - 3680 of 3708 Posts